After assessing my community, it has led me to the most concerning problem of it. The main problem in Kew Gardens are the increase development of townhouses. According to Ms. Sylvia Hack, these development is what she calls “architectually insignificant buildings” The building of new townhouses around the area are very obstructive to the flow of traffic in the neighborhood. Development of such buildings are taking the space for public parking lots for the residents of the neighborhood. Living closely around Talbot Street and Lefferts Blvd., it really does look like a narrow pathway that only two cars can fit in the street. It is not even wide enough to make an easy U-turn, and due to some irresponsible drivers, some parks too far away from the curb, and others do not adhere to the speed limit policy of the area that put residents and others at risk for vehicular accidents. The nurse can address these problems by talking with city officials about limiting town houses development and promoting more public parking space, enforcing a strict rule on speed limit breakers, space availability for pedestrians, child safety crossing symbols and other precautions, and informing residents about all these issues. In doing so might promote availability of the roads quicker access to street and highways, and for healthcare; ambulances which comes in big and wide vehicles will have easier access to the roads.
Michelle Gellar, RN, MSN, MPH
NYC College of Technology
Nursing Department, Pearl 505
300 Jay Street
- Why Didn’t the U.S. Detect Omicron Cases Sooner? December 3, 2021
- Most Covid Vaccines Will Work as Boosters, Study Suggests December 3, 2021
- Missouri Withheld Data Showing Effectiveness of Mask Mandates December 3, 2021
- Omicron Is Here. Should You Cancel Your Trip? December 2, 2021
- Why hasn’t the U.S. found more Omicron cases? December 2, 2021
- What We Know About the New Covid Variant, Omicron December 2, 2021
- What Can One Life Tell Us About the Battle Against H.I.V.? December 2, 2021
- The Toddler Was Bowlegged, Her Gait Awkward. What Was It? December 2, 2021
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.