Three Questions To Help Us Get To Know One Another

• Three Questions To Help Us Get To Know One Another
  • #12764

johannah rodgers

Please POST three questions that you would like to ask your classmates. Please REPLY to the questions posted by at least THREE of your classmates.

#15241

Zam
    Member

Hey guys!

My name is Zam. I’ll do the honors and start off this discussion with the following 3 questions I have to ask you guys. As more responses roll in ill do my best to repond back to what everyone has to ask.

1. What was your dream when you were young & what is your current dream to accomplish now?

2. Did your dream change as you grew older or did it stay the same? If it changed, why?

3. How are you planning on to accomplish your dream?

– Zam

#15243

johannah rodgers

Zam,

Thanks so much for getting this discussion started! These are great questions. Because I am the professor, I am going to try to be very brief here and respond by saying that my dreams have changed a lot over time with something central–more like a feeling or an idea–connecting them. My dream at the moment is to spend more time on my own writing/drawing projects, which is hard because I am interested in lots of other things: teaching writing, for instance!

Prof. Rodgers

#15247

Rachel
    Member

Zam,

I have found that my dreams have changed tremendously over the course of my life. I am 22-years-old now and have found that every year I am learning more about myself, therefore my dreams change. My dream now is to one day become a Physician’s Assistant and I am working very hard to reach that goal by taking the classes I need, putting time in working at a hospital, and researching on Physician’s Assistant schools.

My questions are these:
    1. What was one interesting thing you did over the summer?
    2. Do you have any plans for labor day weekend?
    3. What has your favorite class been at City Tech? Or, what class are you looking forward to taking?

#15252

Zam
    Member

Hello Guys!

Prof. Rodgers & Rachel, Thank you for bringing life to this discussion! I will answer to your question Rachel as well as mine. So I’ll start off with the answers to my questions:

1. What was your dream when you were young and what is your current dream to accomplish now?

– As a young child I always wished to become a pilot. Flying always intrigued me and I was always so curious on how planes worked, but as I grew older I started to see that vision change and my current dream now is to become a very successful engineer.

– My dream has changed. It went from wanting to become a pilot to a lawyer to an engineer. This transition occurred as I became older and more aware and involved with technology. It turned into a hobby where I would enjoy examining computers and other sources of technology to see how they work and function. I started repairing computers than as time went by I build a custom computer myself from scratch. It excited me, so this is something I want to do for the rest of my life.

3. How are you planning to accomplish your dream?

– I’m planning to accomplish my dreams preparing myself with courses that are needed in order to become an engineer. I plan to do really good and get my grades up. I had my share of mistakes in the past which I want to use in order to grow and learn from. So as I stay on the right path I know that I can get there and become a successful engineer.

Now to answer Rachel’s questions:

– One interesting thing that I did over the summer was becoming a Visual Designer for the store I work for. It was slightly out of comfort zone because it wasn’t something I was accustomed to doing. But I was able to gain this knowledge of creativity from this experience which I was not yet aware of.

2. Do you have any plans for Labor Day weekend?

– I don’t have anything special plan besides working or volunteering.

3. What has been your favorite class at City Tech? Or what class are you looking forward to taking?

– There are actually two classes I’m looking forward to taking, and that is English as well as Macroeconomics.

– Zam

#15262

sharone
    Member

hey guys,
    @ zam

my dream when i was kid was to be a cartoonist of some sort and now i want to be a neonatal/midwife R.N.

no not really i kept focused on it which wasnt hard because im in and out of hospitals all the time so natuarlly i got curious.

my plans to accomplish this goal is to keep going to school at a steady pace.

@rachel

um this summer i worked for a summer camp and i got to go to Dave and busters for the 1st time

Yes hehehehehe <3 my fav cuzzo is coming to the states from Canada for her birthday!

um i guess clinic in the nursing course.

now that ive answerd your how about mine?

1. Where are you from?
    2. What do like to do when your bored?
    3. What would you do if you were given one million dollars no questions asked{ be honest}?

by the way im 19 years old short and kind of hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15289

xmobilia
    Member

@Sharone

1. Where are you from? I was born in Subic Bay Philippians. I lived in Japan for a few years then moved to the States. I’ve lived in Washington State, North Carolina, New York, SoCal, Maryland and Mississippi.

2. What do you like to do when you get bored? I enjoy reading so I always a book or my kindle on me.

3. What would you do with a million dollars? I would pay off some debt. Then hit Vegas hard.

@Rachel
    1. What was one interesting thing you did over the Summer? I want on a vampire walking tour of New Orleans.

2. Do you have any plans for Labor Day? I will be working that day. I know that sort of defeats the purpose of the day but bills won’t pay themselves.

3. What has your favorite class been at City Tech? Or, what class are you looking forward to taking? Since all of my classes are core nothing really stands out. I know once these are done some other classes will open up.

#15311

Osiris A
    Member

@sharone
    1. Where are you from ?
    I was born in The Bronx and raised in brooklyn! My parents are both from Honduras.

2. What do you like to do when you get bored?
    What i like to do is hang out with my dog Ziggy or sleep since i am a workaholic !

3. What would you do with one million dollars?
    I would move out of brooklyn to Atlanta and go to college out there and live in a big house for cheap !

@rachel
    1. What was one Interesting thing you did this summer?
    I didnt really do anything interesting, all i did was work all day !

2. Do you have any plans for labor day?
    Yess i do :) I will be going away this week to Miami

3. What was your favorite class at City Tech?
    My fave class was Essentials of Marketing! I loved that class

My 3 Questions:
    1. What made you guys take an online English class instead of in class?
    2. What are you guys goals for this semester / school year?
    3. How do you feel about City Tech?

#15319

donsadet
    Member

Hey everyone,

1) What kind of life do you imagine yourself living in 10 years?

2) Are you guys travelers or want to travel to places outside of the US?

3) What is your favorite place you may have visited that you cant wait to go back to again?

@Rachel
    I got back together with my best friends from my home country and we went to an 8 day psychedelic music festival on the waters of Portugal called Boom festival and we had an amazing time!

Im going to take my friend up to the catskills area and we are going to go camping. I love the outdoors and get in touch with being a bit more free spirited then the usual 9-5. Its going to be nice and i generally always have a good time out in the forest.

@Sharone
    3. What would you do with a million dollars?
    I would invest almost 85% of it in ways to make more money. Stash 10% for slush money for emergencies and keep the other 5% for bills. You have to be smart in this economy.

#15320

michaelearsi

hello everyone! it’s good to see conversations are rolling.
    My three questions are listed below.
    1.Why is it that you chose to attend a CUNY as opposed to a SUNY?
    2.If you were able to bring about something impossible to reality, what would it be? (for me, a time machine)
    3.What is something that ‘Grind your Gears’?

@Osiris A
    What made you guys take an online English class instead of in class?
    -Besides the fact that i need this class, I registered too late. So, there wasn’t much options to choose from. Also, if i had chosen an ‘in class’ English class, i would’ve had to come in more than twice a week.

@donsedat
    What kind of life do you imagine yourself living in 10 years?
    -This is something i never wanted to think about or i would have an ‘ i dunno ‘ answer because i never had any plans for my future. I couldn’t picture myself anywhere because i didn’t know what i wanted to do or where i wanted to go next. i would always worry about situations whenever they sprung up, and not try to plan it out. i am realizing now that there are certain things in life that needs to be planned or given thought to before addressing. Especially when it pertains your future endeavors. If anything, i would have to say that i imagine me living well in 10 years. Financially, of course.

@sharone
    What do like to do when your bored?
    – when bored, i turn to the internet. I either browse youtube and video sharing websites alike or i Catch up on world events.

#15332

Michael Persaud

@Rachel
    1. One interesting thing I did over the summer is learn how to ride a skateboard/longboard.
    2. Plans for the labor day weekend is to enjoy the time off!
    3. My favorite class so far in City Tech is US History.

@Sharone
    1. I was born in this country but my parents are from Guyana.
    2. When i’m bored I listen to music, watch baseball, or go outside.
    3. If I had a million dollars, i’d spend half of it on nonsense, and save the rest. Also give some to charity.

#15337

@rachel
    1. One interesting thing that I did during the summer is that I gave birth to a healthy baby boy on July 23rd. It was an amazing experience and being a mom is the best feeling ever.
    2. On the labor day I’m going with my husband and a couple of friends to US OPEN. Since we don’t know who is going to play I hope that at least I will see a good match.
    3. Since I am a Hospitality major I’m having cooking and baking this semester. I love experimenting in the kitchen so I’m excited about these classes where I can get to know all the proper techniques and become a better cook.

@sharone
    1. I was born and raised in Poland. I moved to USA two years ago and currently live in Elmhurst,Queens.
    2. When I am bored I like going for a walk with my dog, cook something delicious or watch a movie.
    3. I would travel around the world, buy a house on a seashore and -if I still have something left- invest the rest.

@donsadet
    1. I think that in 10 years I will be living back in Poland. I hope I will be a general manager of a beautiful hotel and be satisfied with this job. To be honest it’s really hard for me to plan anything for the future because whenever I think I have a plan something happens and everything changes. If for instance you asked me 10 years ago where would I be in the future I would never even think that it would be here in NYC. At least I hope I will be healthy to be able to accomplish my dreams.
    2. I love traveling. I’ve been to many countries mainly in Europe but not only. If you ever have a chance to visit Italy I recommend going to Rome, Venice and Milan. These are my favorite places with a lot of beautiful memories.
    3. As I mentioned before I really enjoyed being in Rome. It is a magical city where you can truly feel like like you’ve moved back in time. The history of the city, the monuments, happy outgoing people and delicious food make this place truly unique. I can’t wait to go there next summer.

#15339

rsamuel1

@Zam,

My childhood dream was to become a teachel. My favorite teacher was in the 2nd grade who and I wanted to be just like her.
    My dream changed many years ago though. The older I got I realized I have no patience for kids and I realized Im not the best demonstrator.
    My new dream is to become a Radiologic Technician. I am trying to achieve this dream by staying focused and taking my time not over exerting myself to avoid repeating any classes.

#15340

rsamuel1

@Rachel,

Interesting thing I did over the summer was I went to Turks and Caicos Islands, It was interesting because Its and Island in the caribbean yet it has no tropical fruit. It is a dry island and all of the fruits are imported from neighboring islands.
    For Labor Day I plan on going to my friends house warming BBQ.
    So far my favorite Class at NYCCT has been Biology 1 with Professor Khan but I am looking forward to this Online English Class by Professor Rodgers.

#15341

rsamuel1

Hello Guys,
    I have three Questions for you:
    1- If you had to write a Biography of you life so far what name one thing you are most proud of?
    2-If you had to start over in your selection of college would you have stayed in NYC or studied outside of NYC?
    3-Do you think you would take more online classes rather than attending class if it was available in all subjects?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)