ePortfolio Assignment #2

Tagged: 

• Author
    Posts
  • #55593

Brigida Hernandez

Just a reminder that ePortfolio Assignment #2 is due tomorrow.

Check Blackboard (the ePortfolio Instructions tab) for a PDF that provides details.

Make sure you cover all the items of the assignment to earn full credit, and post your response within your OpenLab ePortfolio.

To be fair to the entire class, late submissions will not earn credit.

#55633

Vanessa28

The assessment activity that I completed for this assignment was the “Education Planner”. I chose this assessment because I felt I could get very detailed as far as all of my interest and compare those results to what career field I thought I’d like to dive into. I’ve always been extremely creative but fell in love with medicine later in life. I find it interesting that the career path that I’ve chosen, which is Nursing, did not show up in my results. Growing up I’ve always been told that according to my personality and likes, that I should get into journalism, performing arts or design. One of the top results happen to be Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications. It makes me think about how I could possibly incorporate something in this field with Nursing or maybe as a second career path.

The one result that could not be more further from what I am interested in was Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security. Although I have a great deal of appreciation for people who serve in these fields, I have no fascination nor urge to be apart of law enforcement, legal services and security. The broad spectrum of different career paths resulted from this assessment taught me how diverse I am; from loving to build things, to art and performance, to science and biology. This assignment has definitely prompted me to broaden my view of possible career paths that can fulfill both of my passions.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Vanessa28.
    #55743

Vanessa28

During the career assessment assignment, I became intrigued by one particular career path. The career path that I decided focus on for research was audio/video technology. Digging deeper into a specific aspect of this broad topic, I became most interested in producing.

A producer is a person who oversees a film or TV production. Producers by definition, plan and coordinate various aspects of production. Instead of conducting the traditional research, I interviewed a producer and old friend of mine to obtain an inside knowledge of this field. J. Dixon is a producer on a very popular daytime 11:58 PMV show called “The Steve Wilkos Show”. We sat down for about an hour to discuss the ins and outs of producing.

A producer is a strenuous career. The hours are long due to the many different steps that lead to the final cut. The process starts off with casting, creating scenes, making sure the casting team has wardrobe and make up. This is all before the production even takes place. Producers manages the expectations on set. Weather it’s a movie or a TV show, producers make sure scenes are in order on set. They also manage and negotiate production cost and the budget. I learned that producers also ensure that marketing is on point. Marketing the finished production is very important in order to bring in the most viewers which in turn brings in more revenue.

I have gained a greater deal of knowledge during this interview/research assignment. A producer is basically an organizer, which is extremely important in the
    healthcare field. I could combine nursing and producing to create a show that raises health awareness. This definitely sparked an interest in a very creative yet fulfilling career.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)