Choosing a Theme For Our Course

Home Forums Parent forum Language Matters: An Introduction to College Writing Choosing a Theme For Our Course

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Choosing a Theme For Our Course

johannah rodgers
    Participant

The current theme for our course is Writing Matters, which means the focus of our course is on reading and writing about issues related to writing, communication, and language. Are there other themes that you would prefer to explore in the course? Please feel free to suggest possible themes. Some possible alternatives are as follows: Income Inequality in the U.S.; Is College Necessary?; What Is The Point of the First Year Composition Course?; Music and Storytelling; New York City as Architectural Experiment; Racial Inequality in American Public Education; The Economics of CUNY: Where Does All of the Money Go?; The Language and Culture of Hip Hop; Writing About Writing: An Introduction to the Study of Composition; Is Writing Necessary?: Public Communication in a Post-Print Age

Stan
    Participant

Is College Necessary seems like a theme worth exploring.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Racial Inequality in American Public Education
    Where Does All of the Money Go?
    Cultural Diversity
    How Drugs Effect Our Education
    People’s lifestyle (I mean we already read about writers and how their life relates to writing)

Nick Rios
    Participant

I think an interesting theme for our course can be “Reading and Writing in Modern Times”

johannah rodgers
    Participant

Nick,

I like that topic, but could you be a bit more specific? How do you define “modern times”? Why are you interested in this topic?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.