Summer 2021 | Professor Goodlad + Professor Paruolo

Reflection, August 17

We invite you to tell a story about your first few weeks at City Tech. Research has shown that first-semester students often worry about their transition in to college and how eventually students become comfortable and find a community of people with whom they are close and feel they belong. Visit the “Our Stories” OpenLab page, read the instructions and share your experience as instructed. We look forward to reading about your first few weeks as a college student.

1. Kaya

As an incoming student for City Tech I have had a good experience so far. The City Tech 101 workshop has helped me a lot and prepared me as best as it could for what to experience when I first start college. With the preparation the City Tech workshop has given I knew exactly where to go to get my holds removed. I knew the resources I had available to me in order to contact the advisors and office people to be as ready as I can be before I start my first semester. So far my experience with City Tech has been very good and I hope it stays like that or gets even better.

• Evelyn Ng

It’s great that the City Tech 101 workshop has helped you feel prepared to start college! Getting holds removed is super important when you are registering for classes so I highly recommend solving that as soon as possible when you can. I hope that your exerpience with City Tech will stay good!

2. Kiran

As a freshman student I was very scared about college class. I didn’t know any thing about college, its system, classes etc. But after workshop I got lots of information about it. Now my confident level went up I felt more comfortable I can take class with less difficulties. Still I’m learning many things and it will be going on. So far my experience at City Tech the professors are so nice they answer every questions from every one. Hope I will get same environment during my academic year.

• Evelyn Ng

I’m glad that you have gained confidence and feel more comfortable taking classes! Be sure to reach out to professors and students if you have questions and I am sure you will recieve the help you need. Wishing you the best of luck!

3. Cindy

As an incoming freshman at City Tech I have learned so much so far even though I am in person but whenever I get a chance to experience the school I would pretty much know everything and feel confident in how I would get to experience City tech. All the teachers and counselors have been very help and can tell they will for my academic year.

• Evelyn Ng

I’m happy to hear that you have gained knowledge that will benefit you going into college! Professors, counselors, and students are great resources to go to for help. I hope you stay confident and enjoy your time here at City Tech!

4. Kailing

As a freshmen in City Tech I was nervous at first, in how I would adapt to the college life. However, with the help and advice of professors, advisor and student mentors I have learned a lot and feel much more prepared for my first fall semester.

• Evelyn Ng

I was nervous as a first student as well! I’m happy to hear that you found our advice helpful and that you feel more prepared going into your fall semester. Good luck you can do it!!

5. Faizan

As a incoming freshmen at City Tech I have learned so much already from the City Tech 101 workshop. The professors and mentors taught me on how to navigate through the City Tech website. They have shown me a guide on how the college life will be for me in the next four years. I have found out about many resources that can help me out when I start my classes. I believe that I am mentally and physically ready for the fall semester.

6. Mariela

My first week of being in City Tech have been a little bit stressing. I have been busy with packing up since I moved out and then work. I have noticed that the teachers are really laid back and supporting, it kinda lifts off a lot of weight from my shoulder. The advice and all the mentoring that I am getting, I am really grateful.

7. Wendy Acosta

The workshop has been very helpful. I was able to learn more about City Tech. In the beginning I was very anxious and nervous. I learned more about time management and it’s important to ask questions. Even though all my classes are online I feel more confident and prepared for this fall semester.

8. Wendy Acosta

9. Fedaa Khalil

As an incoming freshman not knowing much about the college life, the city tech 101 workshop has helped understand the basics of college. At first I was very nervous about not having a clue about what’s going on. I now feel a bit more confident when going into my first semester of college. I plan to transfer out of city tech because city tech doesn’t provide psychology majors and I’ve been given advice on how to do so.

• Sameea

The workshop has been very helpful. I was able to learn more about City Tech. I started this course being anxious and nervous. I learned more about time management and how important it is to ask questions. Often times we think college is more about extreme work loads but really if we manage our time make schedules and include self care we will be able to strive for betterment. I am very excited for next week as classes start.

10. Jannatul elham

As freshman student I didn’t know anything about college and how college related staff work. But after the workshop so many valuable and basic information that really helpful for me to start a new semester.