Remember that Thursday’s session is an online class.
1. Complete all previous reading and assignments that you have not yet finished.
2. Sign up for email notifications of new blog posts if you wish (see link in the right-hand sidebar).
3. Read Matthew Kirschenbaum’s “Hamlet.doc? Literature in a Digital Age”
4. Write a blog post that proposes three types of documents or artifacts we should save from a current figure (a writer, an architect, an artist, a plumber, a shipfitter — whoever). Justify and argue for your choices by referring to our our recent readings on archives and memory — including articles fromArchive Journal, Borges’s “Funes, the Memorious” and “The Library of Babel”,” and Kirschenbaum’s piece), along with your experiences of visiting the BHS archives. This should be written as a persuasive essay about a specific artist/architect/writer/whomever. Please categorize your post as “Student Post” and tag it as “safabhs, archives,” and whatever else you want.
5. Comment on at least two posts by your fellow classmates.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.