This is the open educational resources (OER) site for EMT 1130 (Electrical Circuits Lab). Here you can find course information, assignments, syllabus, schedule, and course materials if EMT 1130.
Course Coordinator: Prof. Robert Armstrong.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Understand, analyze, and safely use basic electrical and electronic circuits/systems and electromechanicaldevices.
2. Troubleshoot and fix problems in electrical circuits/systems andelectromechanical devices.
3. Develop skills to use the tools and instruments to build electromechanical devices.
4. Be proficient in oral and written communication skills using appropriate technology.
5. Function as effective contributing members of a team.
6. Recognizethe physical laws that govern how all electrical circuits and devices work.
7. Apply fundamental mathematical principles to their electronics work.
8. Calculate current, voltage, resistance, power, and recognize voltage sources, resistor color code, andVOMs.
9. Wire circuits, use lab equipment, and test and troubleshoot circuits.