Collaborating

Most of the projects I work on at my internship are collaborative. My supervisor would give me instructions on what to do and the dimensions I have to work with. One of the first projects I worked on was a breakfast menu board. I had a lot of text to work with and knew that tabs would help but I had forgotten how to use them so I ended up setting the document up with multiple text boxes. I also had line strokes instead of leaders to prices that were also in their own box.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 4.12.01 PM Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 4.12.30 PM

It was embarrassing to have her see the file the way it was with all the boxes and have her ask why I set it up that way. It was a good leaning experience though as she told me it was alright and came to the computer I was using to show me how to use the tabs to make a cleaner and more organized document.

I learned that I shouldn’t be worried about speaking up if there’s something I don’t know or don’t remember how to do because I am learning and she was helping me to better myself. After being shown how to properly use tabs again I was able to fix the multiple box and leader issues. Things were unsuccessful at the start of the project because I didn’t communicate the problems I was having, because I was afraid of what my supervisor would say. After receiving her help the project was successful and I haven’t had a problem with aligning text after it.

Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 4.37.26 PM Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 4.37.11 PM Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 4.37.37 PM