Student Self-Evaluation of Discussion
Tip: Student Self-Evaluation of Discussion Participation (Brookfield & Presskill, 2007)
- Distribute these questions to participants and have them complete these. Discuss with participants whether you as the instructor will see the students’ responses. The questionnaires are to be completed anonymously.
- What ideas, questions or information did I contribute to the discussion today?
- How did I try to encourage another student to speak today?
- What did I learn from the discussion today? (New information, a new understanding of something already covered, an idea to follow up after the discussion, etc.)
- How did I make connections between what different people were saying today?