End of Semester Reflection – Fall 2019

Have you accomplished your Mid-Semester goals? How have you accomplished those goals?

Throughout the semester my goals shifted. At first I set the goal to learn as much as I possibly can. But then I realized that while I was learning a lot, I wasn’t using any of the skills that I learned into my work. So then I shifted my mindset to trying to apply the skills that I learned. So instead of watching more general tutorials, I watched more specific tutorials. This helped me accomplish my new goal whenever I wanted to try a new method for my projects in class. 

Are you happy with your results with the work you completed this semester? What was your favorite project you got a chance to work on this semester?

I am happy with the results of my work. Both FC and in the classroom. Some of my favorite projects included a commercial that I got to make in my Commercial Broadcast class and working on the Honor Scholars Poster Presentation. I was proud of how quickly I was able to communicate to the client as well as the overall product for both projects. More importantly I was happy that I was able to maintain quality while quickening my pace, for the most part at least.

How are you going to prepare for next semester during the Holiday Break?

During the holiday break I want to master different techniques in After Effects. That includes character animation/rigging, and using 3D (even though my laptop will probably hate me after winter break). This is something that I wanted to do for a while but wasn’t needed in any of the projects that I did. So I want to spend some time experimenting and enhancing my technique in After Effects. Then hopefully I will be able to do new ideas for next semester when I’ll be taking Motion Graphics 2!