COMD 1100, SPR 17

The name of the project above that I worked on class was 3D Shapes. The objective of this project was that we needed to get familiar with the extrude and bevel effect in Adobe Illustrator by creating multiple 3D shapes. I tried to brainstorm, how I would create the 3D shapes. So, my first idea was that I decided to create a circle, but I felt like the outcome wasn’t giving me the results that I wanted. My next idea was to create a square, and when I decided to make it a 3D shape. I knew that I was able to work with this shape a little more, by copying more of the squares and connecting it to a 3D negative space shape, which is a square. Furthermore, I decided to change the stroke and fill to a darker color, and to make the background become a brighter color to emphasis the 3D shape.

This artwork emphasis on two important things: Pattern and balance.  This artwork shows balance because the squares are very symmetrical, and it flows evenly. Also, the person that is viewing this artwork can see that the shapes are very uniform because their is not one shape is not bigger than the other shapes. On the other hand, this artwork demonstrate effective use of patterns because the shapes are connected with the same fill and stroke.

The name of the project above is Line Design. The objective of this project was that we had to come up with a list of verbs and nouns that comes to our mind when we think of Power and Fragility. However, there was a catch. After we choose two words from Power and Fragility. We had to use shapes to such as: circles, triangles, and squares. This project was quite difficult because we had make abstract images from the words that we pick to demonstrate power and fragility, instead of using concrete images.

This artwork focuses a lot on shapes and lines. This artwork demonstrates lines because the the top left and bottom right box have lines with different types of weight. Thus, creating a gradation of the lines from it having a darker stroke to a lighter stroke. On the other hand, this artwork demonstrates shapes because it incorporates varies different types of shapes such as circles, squares, and triangles.

The name of the project above is Flag Design. The objective of this project was that we had to pretend that our classmate was a client, and we had to interview him/her. They had to tell us about their personality, what they like, and their outside affiliations. Based on the list that they gave to us, we had to create abstract images by picking at least one thing from each category. This was my favorite project for this class, because I was able to think more creative about how I would be able to represent someone within a certain time frame.

This artwork focuses on a lot of things such as: Geometric Shapes, Form, and Color. This artwork shows a lot of geometric shapes such ad rectangles, triangles, and circles. Furthermore, this artwork contains the use of forms because it combines triangles, circles to create a bigger shape ( which is the airplane), and it uses a square, and a triangle to create a arrow. In addition to this artwork having the use of form, it also combines the use of primary and secondary colors.