About Me

A long time ago, before I immigrated from Russia to America, I volunteered for an organization serving the geriatric community in my home city – Ekaterinburg. Through this experience, I met dentists and dental hygienists who served the needs of older adults. At the time, I saw these dental professionals work magic: they were able, literally on the spot, to make old people healthier, physically as well as emotionally, which is especially important for older people. In Russia, work with the geriatric community does not bring prestige, nor, money. It is just something people do because they want to help the most unprotected in their society. Seeing this, I realized how wonderful it can be to help people in the same way. It inspired me.

A few years ago, due to political circumstances, I resettled in the United States. To prepare for my goal to be a Dental Hygienist, I enrolled in college in order to complete the necessary pre-requisite courses, and also worked as a dental assistant.

Among my career goals is to work with underserved segments of our community and to be an active member of the American Dental Hygiene Association.