Introduction

Am enrolled in New York City Technical College of Technology and pursuing an Associate Degree in Human Services.

After taking time off from work to raise my family I decided to return to college so I can keep on growing and learn new skills needed  to resume my career.

Living in New York City made me realize that there is a vast number of people who need others to advocate on their behalf to guide them to get the proper attention and services this city has to offer. I have the abilities, willingness, motivation and compassion to be a successful Human Services Professional. Taking my education with integrity is paying off because I was listed on the Dean’s Honor Roll.  I have extensive background working as a customer service and office work which will be beneficial in dealing with clients.

I intend to work with the immigrant population because of my first hand experiences also if possible with the growing population of the elderly. I see myself working with the population of my choice while continuing advanced studies to secure professional growth.

Favorite Quote

“Our nation has been an honorable place of refuge for people to escape religious persecution, to exercise their freedom of thought, to flee overreaching regimes, and to take a chance on upward mobility. Those people are just like us — they only happened to have been born somewhere else by chance.” Jeb Bush (Former Governor of Florida)