ProjectII Group A

Group A Members: Jailyn, Dileydi, Errick, and Brandon

24 thoughts on “ProjectII Group A

1. Dileydi

Hey guys! There’s one thing we haven’t talked about and that is: in what sequence we’re gonna shoot the scenes? Remember, there’s only one steadicam. I suggest we go ahead and do the steadycam shots first, just to get that out of the way. Let’s be the first group to use it. Then, we can do the shots with the dslr. I also suggest that we shoot with the steadycam by cam person. So, firsts we do all the shots Brandon has to do and then Jailyn’s or viceversa, so we save time on the tedious job of mounting the camera on your bodies. What do you think?

1. Jailyn

I agree Dileydi, that’s how we planned our scenes in order anyway. We can use the steadicam shots first and then do use the dslr with the tripod. We can discuss this with the other team tomorrow. I don’t think we will spend that much time using the steadicam anyway.

2. Errick

I’m okay doing the rack focus but I kinda still wanna try the nd filter. I was thinking of doing an establishing shot out side and using the nd. For the death shots I was thinking of using the (I forgot the name) slow motion

1. Dileydi

Errcik, The establishing shot is a great idea. However, you have to remember that you’re actually doing the rack focus cause I’ll be on that shot, so I can’t do it. If you wanna use the ND filter, then I’ll have to do the motion blur in some other shot cause I’ll be in most of the shots so I wont have that much of a chance to use the equipment.

2. Jailyn

I’m confused. Make sure you guys are clear on what you’re doing this way we aren’t a mess tomorrow. Each of us should have an even distribution to this project.

3. Brandon Reyes

after that part can i do the part when we change to do the walk along post of dileydi trying to sneak up on the red team, i know we discuss that we be catching her walking past two of the three pillars near the Bursar’s office and then she ends up getting caught and shot in sense

1. Jailyn

Yes sure. I think it can add a dramatic effect if you shoot with the camera below Dilyedi’s eye level while moving at a bit of a fast pace.

Is everyone else clear aboutt the story line?

1. Dileydi

ACTUALLY, I FORGOT WHEN WE DO THE MOTION BLUR. I’m trying to figure something out cause Errick wants to use the nd filter and he’ll also have to do the rack focus. I can’t do it cause it will be used when I’m on the shot.
          So I need some other stuff to do besides being an actress since it is not an acting class.
          Unless the prof. is ok with it.
          I just want to make sure I get the points for using the equipment.

4. Brandon Reyes

Jailyn, can I also do the Panoramic shot in the sense that we talk about in class, when Dileydi is hiding on the pillar near the bursars office, i know we talked about circling around the pillar catching Dileydi hiding from the red team in our film.

5. Jailyn

Okay . Just like Brandon I would also like to use the steadicam for a couple of scenes. It would be cool to try out the steadicam going down the stairs and I feel as if I need more practice using it as Don Juan.Other times I will be an actor and a part of the blue team with Dileydi .

What else would you like to do since we are both using the steadicam Brandon?

Is there anything else you’d like to contribute guys?

1. Dileydi

Well, since Errick will have to do rack focus instead of me, I guess I’ll also use the ND filter maybe when Jailyn walks in the last scene. There really isn’t much I can do since I’ll be in most of the scene.
      Besides most of the scene will be shot with the steady cam.

6. Dileydi

I’ll use the polarizer when we do the scene in the bursars office After I spot Brandon behind the column. I know we agreed that I would do the rack focus but I think Errick should it. After the shot where I realize Brandon is behind the wall, Errick can use the rack focus. He can do an over the shoulder of me. Focus on my shoulder, then switch the focus to Brandon hiding behind the wall.

7. Brandon Reyes

so I want to using the steadicam and I want doing the missionary position in the first scene that we talk about in class, when I will be follow dileydi and jailyn going thought a door.

8. Jailyn

Hey guys! So as we discuss in our class meeting. We will do a “laser tag” theme. With Me and Dileydi as Team Blue. Team Red is Errick and Brandon. We are going to shoot in 2 locations. Our first location will be the 1st floor the hallway right by the staircase and the second location is near the Bursar’s office. The first location we can do most of the steadicam shots until we get pass the staircase then we will use the tripod for the rest of the project. Can you guys please decide your roles and how you apply them to the project?