Bartunek Hardware Inc

Bartunek Hardware Inc is located in the heart of Astoria Ditmars at 28-07 23rd Ave. Once getting off the final stop of the Queens bound N train, you walk at 23rd Ave and walk down. The store is easy to spot since the block is full of resident buildings that are brown but this store is painted blue in the front with multiple items in the front ready for customers to look and possibly purchase. Walking into the store, I’ve observed the store and looked at the glass cases the tools were in. The tools were neatly placed on the wall, organized by size which was great for workers who need to have a certain size tool to work. It was also organized by brand of the tool so customers that walked into the store could have an idea if they would prefer to invest in a tool for long term or not. Their most popular brand in their store was Stanley. They carried tools that any construction worker or any person interested in wood work would prefer: Saws, vice grips, files and pliers. They also had home appliances and gardening tools and the aisles were very neat and easy to walk through while prices were next to the tools.

The man that helped me was very polite. I needed to find some safety glasses and he showed me where they were. I also asked what recommended multi-tool would be great. He asked me what would I need it for and I mentioned working in Film and Theater and his face lit up and started to speak about his past experience working in the Theater business. We had a long conversation about which multi-tool would work best with a certain situation and in the end he suggested Gerber or Leatherman. He even gave me a couple of tips also about how to loosen the top of the multi-tool so I could just flip it open with ease.

What made this store great was the employees were friendly and answered any questions that anyone asked. They were patient and kind. The store is a perfect size so it’s not hard to get lost and also quite easy to find the tool you need. Before I didn’t know this store existed but once looking it up and visiting, I will come back here in the future for my tools.