Researching and creating a marketing plan can help an event manager determine: can the event can gain traction or find an audience? Before spending money on pre-production you should create a marketing plan to allow you to evaluate the viability of your idea. We will participate in the process to market upcoming City Tech Theatreworks or Entertainment Technology events. Create a document that includes the content discussed below.
A mission statement is a description of who the organization team is.
Possible Mission Statements for City Tech Theatreworks
- Theatreworks is a producing organization for live performance-based events that show a compelling and well integrated use of technology.
- Theatreworks provides opportunities for City Tech community to experience live performance.
- Theatreworks is the resident Theatre company at New York City College of Technology
- Theatreworks is a unique opportunity for professional artistic organizations to work with entertainment technology students to realize production values and work with technology unavailable to these artists in most other venues.
Your assignments is to create a marketing mission as the marketing team for Theatreworks for your assigned event. You statement should include information and resources about a certain topic. A marketing mission statement should include:
- Organization name
- Connects event to parent organization.
- What value the organization can provide for audiences.
Examples to help get you started:
- Theatreworks provides [type of content] to [target audience] to help them [benefits].
- In order to enable [target audience] to [benefits], we provide [type of content].
Use the mission statement to guide the objectives of your event.
The objectives for a City Tech Theatreworks event
- Accessible events
- Socially responsible
- Best practice use of technology
- Present events for the City Tech community
- Recruitment tool to advertise City Tech to the local High School populations.
3. Value proposition
Value proposition or where do our audiences find value by attending our events?
- Events are inexpensive or free.
- Age-appropriate topics with appropriate use of language and outcomes
- Technology use is sleek and interesting
- All events are free for the City Tech community
4. Elevator pitch
An elevator pitch is a short statement presented to a particular target audience to communicate the value of your event.
- Part 1: Your production name and genre if appropriate
- Part 2: The problem you are attempting to solve.
- Part 3: Your proposed solution.
City Tech Theatreworks presents live events using technology to create an exciting experiences for the audience.
5. Target Audience
The next step is to define the target audience. Break them out into groups by affiliations and age. The more we clearly define the group the better we can target our audiences. Second we define what the goals are we want to achieve for each group. Third we define the audience technology ,what we think each group will view online to find events they are interested in. We want to define out audience, why they want to attend our event, what methods they will use to find the event and what we can do to encourage our audiences to return to experience another event.
5. Audience Technology’s
Look at the list of audience technologies. They are mostly social networking systems. to get the most out of our marketing we need to devise a plan to create social marketing strategies to support our events. It is important to understand the messaging for each age group may not be the same even if it is for the same event. For this class we will develop a strategy for each channel and age group. Below is a Gant chart for one possible scenario for planning the channeling for one event. By following the critical path on the PERT we can see which areas will be most time consuming and need extra attention.
Each team needs to understand the event they are supporting. Each team will collaborate to understand the event they are supporting.
Table of the Target audience, their goals and technology they use to find events.
|City Tech Community||to be entertained and return to attend another event||Facebook, linked in, Pinterest|
|14-18 high school age|
|be entertained, return to attend another event and be interested in attending college||Instagram, snapchat, twitter|
|10-14 age group|
audience for the Gravesend Inn attraction
|be entertained, have fun and want to return to attend another event||AIM, Roblox, schools|
The following video discusses how your customers find your product online and follow the links and purchase a ticket. Marketing concepts are defined throughout the presentation.
A reminder of GANT and PERT charts from the project management tools page on Openlab.
Create a Gant chart and Pert chart for the planning and execution of the campaign for advertising your event this semester. Example charts are below.
Use the list of tasks from your GANT chart inside your PERT table. Fill-in the rest of the table and draw your PERT Chart.
The professor made the PERT Chart. She learned from the chart the critical steps to observe and give extra attention.
Go to the assignments tab to watch step by step video about the information learned from the PERT chart.