You will be doing this assignment twice. First for the event Woodstock 99, second for your update for Woodstock if you were to produce it in the summer of 2024.
Researching and creating a marketing plan can help an event manager determine
- can the event can gain traction or find an audience?
Before spending money on pre-production a marketing plan is created to evaluate the viability of the event. An example using the company City Tech Theatreworks is below.
A mission statement is a description of who the organization team is.
Possible Mission Statements for City Tech Theatreworks
- Theatreworks is a producing organization for live performance-based events that show a compelling and well integrated use of technology.
- Theatreworks provides opportunities for City Tech community to experience live performance.
- Theatreworks is the resident Theatre company at New York City College of Technology
- Theatreworks is a unique opportunity for professional artistic organizations to work with entertainment technology students to realize production values and work with technology unavailable to these artists in most other venues.
Your assignments is to create a marketing documents for Woodstock 99 based on your research.
- Organization name
- Connects event to parent organization. (What past events and current organizations contributed to marketing Woodstock 99)
- What value the organization can provide for audiences.(What was the value of buying a ticket to the event?)
An examples to help get you started on Woodstock 99
- Woodstock provides [type of content] to [target audience] to help them [benefits].
- In order to enable [target audience] to [benefits], we provide [type of content].
Use the mission statement to guide the objectives of your event.
The objectives for a City Tech Theatreworks event
- Accessible events
- Socially responsible
- Best practice use of technology
- Present events for the City Tech community
- Recruitment tool to advertise City Tech to the local High School populations.
3. Value proposition
Value proposition or where do our audiences find value by attending our events?
- Events are inexpensive or free.
- Age-appropriate topics with appropriate use of language and outcomes
- Technology use is sleek and interesting
- All events are free for the City Tech community
4. Elevator pitch
An elevator pitch is a short statement presented to a particular target audience to communicate the value of your event.(If you find a poster or marketing you may find the original pitch feel free to make one up)
- Part 1: Your production name and genre if appropriate
- Part 2: The problem you are attempting to solve.
- Part 3: Your proposed solution.
City Tech Theatreworks presents live events using technology to create an exciting experiences for the audience.
5. Target Audience
The next step is to define the target audience. Break them out into groups by affiliations and age. The more we clearly define the group the better we can target our audiences. Second we define what the goals are we want to achieve for each group. Third we define the audience technology ,what we think each group will view online to find events they are interested in. We want to define out audience, why they want to attend our event, what methods they will use to find the event and what we can do to encourage our audiences to return to experience another event.
5. Audience Technology’s
Look at the list of audience technologies. They are mostly social networking systems. to get the most out of our marketing we need to devise a plan to create social marketing strategies to support our events. It is important to understand the messaging for each age group may not be the same even if it is for the same event.
Create a table of the Target audience, their goals and technology they used to find events.
|City Tech Community||to be entertained and return to attend another event||Facebook, linked in, Pinterest|
|14-18 high school age|
|be entertained, return to attend another event and be interested in attending college||Instagram, snapchat, twitter|
|10-14 age group|
audience for the Gravesend Inn attraction
|be entertained, have fun and want to return to attend another event||AIM, Roblox, schools|