Walking Tours for Extra Credit

EXTRA CREDIT:
If you attend one of these walking tours you will receive one extra grade step which will be added to your final grade for the course. (C- to a C, C to a C+, B- to a B, and so forth.)
You are welcome to attend more than one, but you can only receive extra credit for one tour.
Here are the two main tour dates that we came up with in class:

Friday, April 25 – Harlem, 11am – 2pm
Saturday, April 26 – Harlem, 11am – 2pm

The Harlem tour meets at the NW corner of 135th St. and Lenox Avenue, in front of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
Subway: 2 or 3 to 135th St.

The tours will start promptly on time, so you need to be there 10-15 minutes early. We will go inside of the Schomburg Center for the first part of the tour, so if you arrive late, you may need to look for us inside. (Take my number with you, just in case) The tour will meet rain or shine.

OTHER TOURS:
There may be an opportunity for other tours with me before the end of the semester. I don’t have the specific dates for those yet. I will update the list with other dates for public tours that I will be giving. Your best bet is to make it to one of the scheduled tours above to make sure you get an extra credit opportunity.

ANOTHER OPTION:
You can go on any other Big Onion walking tour for extra credit, any one listed on the schedule at bigonion.com. However, you will have to pay for one of these. The tour is $15 at the student rate (take your ID with you to be sure. You can also tell them I’m your professor if you need to). You should be prepared to give a brief oral report in class on what you saw and what the guide talked about.