Class is cancelled for today, Wednesday 10/23. Please check tomorrow for schedule updates.
Class is canceled for today, Mon 10/21. I will send an update about homework and readings soon.
Attend for extra credit! Last chance to earn extra credit this semester!!!
Print + Read: “Claim, Reasons, and Evidence”
Print + Read: “Logical Argumentation”
Due: HW #4 (editing)
- For HW #4 you need to take ten (10) consecutive sentences (in a row) from Essay #1 and edit them.
- Number your paper 1-10, and write each sentence individually listed at a number.
- Then edit each sentence.
- Your paper should contain both the original sentence AND the new edited one.
- Some sentences may not need to be edited, but it would be very surprising if all ten were perfect…
- It should look like this:
1a) The best day I had seen yet was last Thursday at the Student Club Fair thing.
1b) The best day I have had so far was last Thursday, when I attended the Student Club/Involvement Fair.
Here 1a is the original sentence, 1b is the corrected version.
Welcome to our class OpenLab site! This is where you will find everything you need for the course– readings, HWs, essay assignments, information on course policies, the schedule, etc. Be sure to check back regularly.
Reminder: Thursday, September 5th follows a Monday schedule at City Tech. (Any classes you have on Mondays, you need to go to on Thursday 9/5. Any classes you normally have on Thursdays, do NOT happen this week.)
Print + Read: “Why Is Writing a Process?”
Print + Read: “Overview of Writing as a Process”
Complete Before Class: HW #1 (email, OpenLab, GF)
Read: “If Black English Isn’t a Language, Then Tell Me, What Is?,” James Baldwin (handed out in class)