For class Wednesday 1/31, you need to complete the following:
- Create an OpenLab account
- Print “How to Study and Learn”
- Read “How to Study and Learn”
- Read Introduction to Writing as a Process
- Explore the Related Links below Introduction to Writing as a Process
If you have issues with OpenLab, check here for help.
**I have no ability to help you set-up or access your City Tech email. If you are having an issue with your email you need to go to the Student Help Desk on the first floor of the Atrium for assistance.
Writing Assignment: Getting to Know You, Part I
- What is your name?
- What pronouns do you prefer? (he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/theirs, or something else)
- Where did you go to high school? or Where did you get your GED?
- What is your major?
- Is this your first semester of college? If not, how many semesters have you been in college?
- Is this your first semester at City Tech? If not, how many semesters have you been at City Tech?
- What is your 1st language? 2nd language? 3rd language? as many as you have…
- What language(s) do you speak in your home?
- What language(s) do you speak with your friends?
- What language(s) do you watch TV/movies and/or listen to music in?
Writing Assignment: Getting to Know You, Part II
Answer the following question in two or three paragraphs.
- Why are you here?
- Not, why are you in this class– I know you are fulfilling a requirement– but why are you in college? You could be working or doing any number of other things, but you are here. Why?
- This might also include why you are at City Tech specifically, and/or why are you here now (at this time in your life).