This week I attended a club fair as a part of my asynchronous class. We started with an ice breaker about what our major is, and we named and claimed something. Today I got to connect with Sabrina Santos who manages clubs on LinkedIn. We were both peer mentors and I also met Ngozi Okonkwo who is the president of the newspaper club and several other occupations. They played a presentation slide with each club’s details and contact info in case we were interested and hosted a Q and A at the end. You can join clubs at this website: https://citytech-cuny.presence.io/. I’m interested in moving pixels and the exp club but since the clubs all meet at the same hour I probably can’t join more than one club at the same time.
I also attended a webinar about canto to Mando transition and how important it is to learn multiple languages because it can gatekeep you from many opportunities. Through that webinar, I learned that you could learn Mando by keeping the same sentence structure and then changing the way its pronounced which makes a lot of sense than learning Mando from an English speaker’s point of view. While I do know that not everyone has the luxury of having a canto background it was still very informative and they were trying to get people to join their courses. I decided not to because there are other languages I wish to pursue in order to work for Korean MMORPG companies. I choose to focus on my studies and internship for now.