My role in Faculty commons is to design for my client. This semester I will be working with Professor Hellman to create a Soho memory poster, web banner, and posts for social media. My supervisor is Professor Mary Ann Biehl but my mentor for this project is Philip. I’ve come to select this internship because it was recommended to me by Professor Woolley. I was invited to work on the emerging scholar’s program and during my time there I was working with Professor Woolley, Professor Guzman, and Jennie to create illustrations for a book. At the end of the program, Professor Woolley suggested that I should sign up for Faculty commons so I asked if both professors would be willing to write me a recommendation letter and if Professor Woolley could review my portfolio. They were kind enough to say yes and I deeply appreciate that I was given this opportunity to get interviewed through zoom. I was interviewed by two of their designers and the director at the end during the second half but I was by myself. The wait was a few weeks I believe my interview was during May and I got to start training the month after. The questions I was asked during the interview were what are my strengths, weaknesses. What are my favorite pieces in the portfolio, what do I hope to gain by interning at faculty commons, and what do I think faculty commons does. Above are photos of digital sketch ideas that I had for City Tech Writer before coming to the final. The first three weren’t interesting enough but the last two had body copy issues that I later corrected.