Please read ‘Navigating Genres’ by Kerry Dirk. Write a response to the questions below. I prefer if you respond to this post directly, but if you choose, you may create a new post. Respond to each other. Engage in a conversation.
Here is a link to the reading:
- What is the genre of this text? How do you know?
- Who do you think is the intended audience? What is the author’s purpose?
- How does the author try to accomplish her purpose and reach her audience? Is she successful? Explain.
- What are some genres you have enjoyed in the past (writing AND reading)?
- Do you prefer having a structure or form to follow (like a specific genre) or do you find that to be limiting? Explain.