Please read “Backpacks vs. Briefcases: Steps toward Rhetorical Analysis” by Laura Bolin Carroll and write a response to the questions below. I prefer it if you respond to this post directly, but if you choose you may create a new post.
DUE Feb. 11
- What did you think of the piece? Be honest! Did you find any parts interesting? Did you learn something new?
- Who do you think is the intended audience of the piece? Who is meant to read this text?
- What do you think is the purpose of this text? Why do you think the author wrote it?
- What are some examples of rhetoric that you see or hear on a daily basis?
- Think of one time you created rhetoric. What messag were you trying to convey/ share?
- What is an example of a rhetorical situation you have found yourself in? Discuss the exigence, audience and constraints.
Then, write a response to another classmate’s post!