Principles of Design and Painting

The basic tenets of DESIGN can be grouped into three categories: The PracticeThe PrinciplesThe Elements

The Practice: Concept + Composition are ingredients that a designer uses to communicate meaning. The relationship between the Concept (idea) and the Composition (arrangement) produces the Content (meaning).

• Concept: A comprehensive idea or generalization that brings diverse elements into a clear relationship.
  • Composition: The formal organization of elements in a composition arranged according to principles that will support the communication of the concept.
  • Content: The expression, essential meaning, significance, or aesthetic value derived from the relationship between the concept and the composition. Content refers to the sensory, subjective, psychological, or emotional properties, as opposed to our perception of its formal qualities.

The Elements: basic components used as part of any composition, independent of the medium. line, geometric shapes, texture, value, and color.

The Principles: The basic assumptions that guide the design practice are contrast, rhythm, figure, ground, economy, white space, unity, balance, pattern, alignment, grid, frame, harmony, focal point, and visual hierarchy.

Paintings

This is a painting with warm and cold colors, texture, and a rose inspired by Beauty and the Beast.

This painting is inspired by the shapes that the rock band Kiss has on their faces. I used a one-point perspective and geometric shapes. Also, in this painting, I used the overlapping technique.

This painting is about the Japonims inspiration. I selected the painting of Katsushika Hokusai ,the Mount Fuji.

This painting is about Ecuadorian inspiration. I decided to select regional patterns, Costa, Sierra, Oriente and the Galapagos Island to develop this colorful project.

Asymetrical balance, textures and colors.

Floral painting