Project 2, Execution Memo

During today’s class, begin writing a memo about your plan of action for filming and editing your YouTube video. Where do you plan to film? Who will be helping you? How will you be editing? We will reserve some time during our next class for me to help in any way needed to move your projects forward. Post your execution memo as a comment to this blog entry before our next class.

4 thoughts on “Project 2, Execution Memo

1. Samantha

TO: Professor Ellis
    FROM: Samantha
    DATE: 2/29
    SUBJECT: Execution

Project 2 Execution

I haven’t fully decided where and how iā€™ll be shooting my video though I have two ideas on the table at the moment.

The first idea is to film it right here at school and make use of the backdrop that a school setting would provide, i.e hallways, classrooms, desks and computers. If I were to film here I would enlist the help of my peers Jodie and Mariah to help with character movement, voicing ect. If I film at school I wouldnā€™t use any outside props only whatā€™s here at the school to create the scenes portrayed in my storyboard.

The second idea is to film at home and make use of the toys and figurines my daughter has to do the filming. I would use the various backdrops her toys and scenery has to emulate the same settings the school would have. For home filming though I don’t know if i’d have any assistance for voicing so Iā€™d either do them all myself or revert to one of my original ideas of a silent movie type of film.

In terms of editing I haven’t selected a definite app of choice yet. If i were to use snap chat the editing would be done mostly while film as that’s an benefit of that app. If i were to use a different app i would be editing and adding effects in iMovie.

2. MariahRajah

To: Professor Ellis
    From: Mariah Rajah
    Subject: Plan of action
    Date: feb, 29th, 2016

ā€œRock Bottom: A PTW Survival Guide!ā€ will be shot on ground in City Tech aka The Stonehenge Academy. Major of the shots needed will have to take place in various locations of the college that follow the script (See below ā€˜locationsā€™). The characters are to be made from rock figures which adds to the story location. I plan on using Snapchat, A L I V E, and iMovie to shoot, edit, and produce the short film. Moving forward I have to create the costumes by wednesday as to be ready to shoot on scene that day I also have to become more accustomed to the apps and software that I will be using in order to know the affordances and constraints and how it will effect my film. I hope that by beginning to shoot this early I will be able to get feed back and be able to use and also be able to delete and recreate if I need to.

Actors/Characters:

Jodieann Stephenson – Lilly Limestone

Rockelle Boulder – Samantha Pezzolanti

Granet Slate – Mariah Rajah

Location :

City Tech – Main entrance

1st Floor Main elevator

6th Floor Hallway

601B classroom

3. jstephenson

To: Professor Ellis
    From: Jodieann Stephenson
    DATE: February 29th, 2016
    Subject: Execution

I would like to begin filming my FRED Talk on Wednesday 3/2 during class. I intend on fully filming my video. I plan on filming entirely in class using the whiteboard, perhaps using a thumb character or a puppet. So far, I am the only one on my production team but perhaps I will need help from my colleagues (Sam, Mariah, Pam). I will be editing the video on my phone, also with softwares that I am not familiar with that I need to learn.

4. Pamela

To: Professor Ellis
    From: Pamela Drake
    Subject: Digital Storytelling – Project 2 – Execution Memo
    Date: March 1, 2016

Setting and Characters

I will attempt the shoot the video in our classroom. Samantha (my classmate) has agreed to bring in her Barbie doll for the role of Karan and a male figure for the role of Barry. She also has some accessories that she will bring in. If all goes well, this is where I will the only setting. After giving it much thought, I have decided to narrate the video. I chose to narrate because I wonā€™t have to worry about getting a male voice to read for Barry. I feel that this will be a good way to handle the need. If shooting in the classroom does not work out, I will shoot at another location within the school. I have not determined what software to use and will need guidance.