A Peck with HTML and Markdown Coding

A Peck with HTML and Markdown Coding for Project 5
Think Piece as a Website- HTML Generation Vs. Markdown

The purpose of this project was to realize the affordances and constraints present behind-the-scenes of the most widely-used media around the world currently. That would be the usage of the World Wide Web and the different web sites/pages that exist within it.
The two technologies used for the purpose(s) of this project were direct HTML Generation using Notepad++Portable and Markdown using the help of an Online markdown tool called Dingus on Daring Fireball.

Markdown essentially comes back to code the information present in it to the form of HTML. The person inputting the information uses an interface that is easier to use because the language used to display the information is not as specific and varied as direct HTML Generation requires. In the end, both require information to be present as text and run on a World Wide Web browser.

My process of composition on this project involved taking the whole of my think piece essay and inputting that text into an HTML Generator, NotePad++Portable in particular. Thereafter, I evaluated the many different affordances that HTML allows for me to take advantage of in relation to the different codes I can use to enhance my website. I feel that visuals can make a real positive difference in a person’s Online experience. The fact that I was easily able to insert a background image into the HTML Generator makes me feel successful to some degree. Overall, HTML was easy to understand and get the hang of once some basics were learned.

Markdown on the other hand made me feel as though there were many constraints I am saddled with. It’s almost like having a go-between person in a real-life situation, where direct communication is not permitted. I am going to give Markdown the benefit of the doubt considering I was already more excited about HTML and may have approached using Markdown with some preset biases. Other than that, it really helps to be able to see what my Markdown coding, the HTML coding corresponding to that, and the Browser’s view of the code so easily.

Utilizing different web browsers did not affect the viewing of my website differently. Markdown, however, did not work properly in any web browser. I tried adding <html> and </html> on my own to the coding as well, but that was not a success.