YouTube Vs. Content Creators Video by George Gordon

This video goes over the issue of content ID and fair use plaguing content creators on YouTube currently.

For the purposes of this project not much had to done in terms of audio aside from redoing the outro to fit to the resources available on YouTube. The main purpose of this, just like the think piece and podcast, was to bring awareness to this issue. However, because this is on the very website where the situation is currently happening, there are a plethora of videos covering this topic and I feel like the video has less of an effect because of it. It could work as a supplement to the podcast on the other hand.

The actual creation of the video was rather simple, reworking the script was not too hard and the story boarding helped visualize my ideas for actual use. Video is a medium that needs much more work done to it than a podcast.

I omitted an intro because this video can get straight to the point through visuals and is not needed when the topic is stated in the title unlike a podcast which has a theme that would need to be explained and what the episode would cover.

I have made videos in the past, none like these as they mostly mashup videos however, so I knew the process of making and editing a video. Even with this knowledge, I still had to learn how to use the new software I used and that took up various hours and then the actual editing for the video was time consuming. It made me understand when YouTubers say they can only make 1 video a week. I spent about 10-12 hours working on this video and it’s only 6 minutes long, I can only imagine videos that are over 30 minutes or more, especially when heavy editing is involved.