YouTube Images by George Gordon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139370553@N07/albums/with/72157665861661762

These are the 7 images that I believe capture what the original think piece was about. Each have their own title and description directly from the think piece.

For the images, I had to think of ways to showcase an issue that is entirely digital which brought about a set of issues. However, I believe that I was able to bring together a mixture of literal and some metaphorical photographs. Thankfully, the ability to include segments from our think piece will allow for some of these images to be better understood from the audience I am aiming for. Instead of having to rely solely on my ability to create a photograph that encapsulates the whole issue, I was able to explain it with the think piece I created.

For the most part, the photographs taken were done with idea of not having to edit much, it would be much simpler to have photos that, ideally, capture the message without the need for additional tampering. The software available to us to edit photographs is extensive and powerful, but it also comes with price of being something a bit more complicated to learn or master.

Translating a written piece into something that is entirely compromised of photographs, which is something I do not have much experience with, proved to be challenging. Many ideas, mostly the metaphorical ones, had to be scrapped due to limitations of weather, time, people, or environment.  In the end, I am not too sure if this venture was successful, but I aimed to do the best i could do with time and equipment available.