After completing your research paper, you will have an opportunity to turn it into a 5-minute oral presentation supported by a PowerPoint slideshow. Your PowerPoint slideshow should balance text with images that support what you have to say. All images in your presentation must be made/taken by you. On the day of your presentation, you must be prepared with your PowerPoint saved on a flash drive and one other medium (e.g., cloud-based storage) and dressed in business casual attire.
- Purpose: teach your audience about the main points of your research essay. Summarize the main points and give an example or two from your essay to strengthen your discussion.
- Consider what constitutes the most important parts of your Project 2 essay that you would like to share with an interested audience of peers.
- Explain things for those of us who are not experts.
- 5-minute presentation (min 4, max 5)
- Use a combination of images and words on your slides
- Use Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides to create the visual anchor for your presentation.
- Have at least 5 slides of content plus 2 bookend slides, which include your presentation’s title, name, affiliation, and email address
- A printed script or handwritten notecards are permitted (rule of thumb: double spaced, printed sheet of paper takes about 2.5 minutes to read at normal speaking speed)
Th, May 11, Project 2 Due, Introduce Project 3, Work on Script
Th, May 18, In-Class Writing Exercise, Work on Slides
Th, May 25, In-Class Writing Exercise, Project 3 Presentations