Here’s the penultimate (next to last) lecture in our Science Fiction class. It’s on Feminist SF and Afrofuturism, and it picks up the omitted reading from our last lecture by James Tiptree, Jr.
Apologies for the video being cropped. I didn’t realize until after I had recorded the hour long lecture that it cropped my screen’s resolution. I reviewed it and don’t think it is too detrimental. Listen to what I’m talking about and you can look up some of the images and details that are cut off from the video.
As a reminder, the last day of class is Wednesday, May 20. All assignments will be due by midnight that day. This includes your:
- research essay
- posted to OpenLab
- directions included in the lecture 11 post last week)
- weekly summaries
- posted to OpenLab as comments on each “Assignment: Lecture” post
- email a scanned PDF or photos of each page as JPGs to jellis at citytech.cuny.edu
- I will reply with confirmation
- final exam
- I will email the take-home final exam to everyone next week and post a copy on our OpenLab site.
- Read the directions carefully.
- Please write your answers to each question in your own words.
- There are several ways to submit your exam to me via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu–I will confirm receipt
- Write your answers into a Word docx file and attach it to an email
- Write your answers into a Word docx file and copy-and-paste your answers into an email
- Handwrite your answers on notebook paper and scan your responses into a PDF attached to an email