Advisement for PTW Students

For all PTW students in the class, I need to meet with you individually for advisement. Separately from the sign-in sheet, I’m going to send around an advisement sign-up sheet for PTW students.

So, this is what I’m going to ask PTW students to do: Please follow this order of operations when you signup for a time so that we can accommodate everyone’s schedules. 1) If you are available to meet before class, please sign up for a before class time. 2) If you cannot meet during that time, please sign up for an after class time. 3) If you cannot meet during that, please sign up for an in-class time. 4) If you cannot meet during any of the remaining available times on the sign-up sheet, write your name and City Tech email address at the bottom of the sheet so that I can get in touch with you with an alternative time.

Our advisement meeting will be more efficient and productive if you bring a copy of your transcript or DegreeWorks printed out. Also, take a look at the PTW degree checklist here and fill it out according to what you have completed on your transcript.

Also, it is helpful to take a look at the City Tech College Catalog’s chapter on the English department and the course requirements for the degree before we meet. You can find it here.

For everyone: Learn everything that you can about your major and the required coursework. Take your required ID class as soon as possible. If your major requires an internship, please talk to the internship coordinator as soon as possible to find out what all is involved. The internship coordinator for the PTW degree is Professor Renata Ferdinand.