Modern Workout Machines, Enhances Human’s Brains & Health

Angelica Vargas

Jason W. Ellis

ENG1101 D380

Due Date:12/09/2015

“ Modern Workout Machines, Enhances Human’s Brains & Health “

Modern Technology is transforming the way human brains are now working. Especially when it comes to dealing with a natural and physical workout. It’s hard to believe, each exercise equipment has there own unique history. Fitness goes back to earliest start of when men started speeding while hunting. While many centuries have passed an increased of individuals have experienced with culture development. A fit life will balance out forming into a long and healthy life. Throughout the duration of time fitness equipment has been a major aspect to the change of modern technology.Gym machines have helped humans by decreasing and burning fat in a more quicker way to benefit their life style. Also people can also purchase on of these machines to enhance their daily routine at home.Modern fitness equipment are helping varies generations to shape their bodies.

According to the generation of 2015, we could function better with the modern technology. Most teens would prefer to use workout machine to push their bodies to  achieve their physical goals. This generation often takes advantage of technology throughout their daily day by texting, surfing the web for social media, research for homework, and using a the front camera of devices. Usually most teens attend the gym for the actual cardio machines instead of going out for a run or a walk on their own time. What I have notice is the older a gym member is the more often  they are likely to use the actual physical weights to work out. Teens now usually don’t remember their earliest memory of technology. Deven Mangal ,who is 18 is attending New York City College of Technology stated “ The earliest memory of technology is hearing the dial up tone when I was young and also having the leapfrog learning books.” His thoughts and feelings about technology hasn’t changed much but he also added “I believe that modern technology has impacted this generation by making them lazy in a form and way younger generations are becoming smarter. My little nieces and nephews who are 4 and 8 years old , they have their own tablets using them for games and learning purposes. ” Deven does attend the gym frequently. He can connect to the aspect of the new and advanced technology, which is also helping modern workout exercise machines to enhance the human brain.

Adults over the age of 45 are naturally athletic judging from their childhood .They don’t really need a work out machine to work out, nor they need a gym to work out. Lusiana Ferreira , which is 50 years old feels that today in the 21st century the youth should be way more physical than usual while getting to certain destinations such as work, school and back home. Lusiana says “ I prefer walking to work and back because I don’t have to count on public transportation to get me there on time. All I have to be dependent on are my own two legs “. Lusiana uses technology throughout her daily life by using her cellphone to communicate with her family and friends out of the United States, gossip on social media sites, games to kill time, and alarms to get her day started. Her first time using any type of technology was in her hometown Sabana Iglesia in the Dominican Republic. She used to go to her friends house to watch shows on a small T.V that didn’t contain color. Lusiana’s thoughts and feelings about technology only are basically positives towards the teens of this generation because the technology is helping the teens now rather than keeping the adults alive. Basically she thinks that technology is slowly killing adults. William Vargas which is 53 years old, expressed his feelings on the new and  advanced technology and how it has changed his daily life style. William says “ I’m a 53 year old man that doesn’t mean I have to depend on a machine to move my body “. William takes the train to work rather than driving to work. He says “ It’s way more better for to take the train because it’s less time consuming and i get to walk at the same time.William is learning each and everyday how to better communicate using the new technology with his family that live out of the United States. He uses phone calls, phone applications ,and social media to keep in contact with his family in the Dominican Republic. He also wakes up to his alarm in the mornings before heading to work. William Vargas really started using technology when he came to the United States . He joined a class in the year 1986 to learn about computers and its new functions. He came to have his first flip phone in the year 2007. He says “ it was a wonderful experience to actually be able to be caught up on the advancements of technology then but now in the year 2015 I’m lost than ever. Back in my days I had to wait 15 days to receive a letter, now I wait 15 seconds to receive a text message “ . Computers and other electronic devices have made human life better with commutation and other ways. Working out has become a negative outcome ,now we need a machine to move us.

All of the technology that we use up in our daily lives has got history of their creation. All exercise equipment has a history behind it. Gym equipment such as free weights were first practiced in the ancient times in Egypt, China, India and other cultures around the world. Free weights were onced used in the athletic training, using them as halteres. Halteres were used in the development of strengthening upper body muscular, they were also used for sport training such as the long jump. Cardiovascular Equipment are the the most popular exercise equipment located at the gym. They are the most used machines. When the treadmill was first introduced it wasn’t used for exercise purposes in the year 1875. In the early 1960s, finally the treadmills were distributed to the public to be used  in customers homes and personal gyms. Another common cardio machine is called the elliptical. Cardio machines located at the gym now have advanced information which is given to the member in front of the them while working out. Information such as their heart rate, calories burned,  miles, and laps. Common information is much needed to the member because they are used to getting that type of information while being on the machine.

Judging from the teens and the adults currently ,workout machines and the advanced technology of the 21st century has changed the human lifestyle throughout the duration of time. Work out machines have also made people lazy. They are naturally less active. When having a machine do almost everything to enable a person to lose a certain amount of weight it really makes the human body lazy. The way humans are living now is so much easier than the way the first humans on this earth did. Due to all the history made with gym equipment and how they have impacted to make human life, it’s has resulted to the society to have a healthy and longer life.

Work cited

Mangal, Deven . Personal Interview. 17 November 2015

Ferreira. Lusiana .Personal Interview . 27 November 2015

Vargas . William . Personal Interview . 27 November 2015