Unit 1 / Chapter 3 – Blog Response

At the end of the passage on p. 28, the author states that there are only really two rules for rappers: to rhyme to the best of the music and to be original. Do you think that most rap or hip hop that is released these days features rappers that are original or different from one another?

21 thoughts on “Unit 1 / Chapter 3 – Blog Response

1. Julianna Wu

According to Unit 1 / Chapter 3, the author states the difference and the background of rappers, rapping, hip hop in human society and would continue the popularity. I agree that the author determines that the songs different from each other and because of the different personality, and they make their parody version of the songs. This work on mostly in America and less often in Asia because of cultural differences. In my life, I do not prefer to listen to rap, hip hop. I listen to classical and Korean pop in my free time.

1. Hamza

In Unit 1 / Chapter 3, the author states that there are two main rules of rapping and hip hop in society. In these day people mostly rap about their lives, drugs, money and guns, personally I prefer grime as I spent most my teenage life in England, grime is what I listen to and grime is like rap and hip hop but more storyline and In my opinion rappers these days are all the same In US but not original rap, they all rap about being high on lean or cannabis there’s is no story or anything special about the rap, You will hear the same words in all rap songs.

2. ambar1299

In the article ”The history of Rap” the author states that there are only really two rules for rappers: to rhyme to the best of the music and to be original. i think that most rap or hip hop are not like before before rapper used to rap about how they feelings whats is going on in they environment and to dream that one day they will become famous but rapper now they rap about bad stuff they express more anger than anything else and they talk about gang money and drugs. rapper from now and back them are way different.

2. christytan

In unit 1/ chapter 3, the author states the history of rap, the culture of hip hop, performance and characteristic of rap. I agree with the author that there are only two tules for rapper because some people listens to different music, like classical or old musics and it might be challenges for those people, but some people already or can develop rapping involves verbal skills. I think most rap or hip hop that is released these days features rappers that are still original because they are the still performance, rhythm and people rap fast and slow. In my own life, I listen to all kinds of musics, but I am not really into rap and hip hop.

3. Jakia Sultana

In the chapter 3 “The History of Rap” the author states the history and the difference between rap and hip hop. I agree with the author that different music determines their different personality. Also rap and hip hop is not only growing in the United States it is also growing all over the country. I think these days young people are making the rap popular because they can express themselves by dancing. And rapping have a spoken skill that many people have or they can learn. In my life I like to listen to classical music because it makes me feel good.

4. helen14

According to Chapter 3 “The History Of Rap” the author states the difference types of form between hip hop and rap. I agree with the author that people have different personalities to express themselves. Rapping makes a person to change throughout the world because it helps the way they talk (quick mind). There are many types of rap that young people can do; such as English, Chinese, Korean, etc. I think that rap will be more popular later on because many younger people will express themselves freely and that might be one of the hobby. In my life, I don’t often listen to hip hop and rap but I do listen to other kinds of song that includes rap.

5. weichen

According to Chapter 3 “The History Of Rap” the author states the different between hip hop and rap. Hip hop is a culture with there own language and clothes styles include visual art and also rap just the part of hip hop cultutre. Also people who play hip hop like to use spinning. I agree with the author many young people use hip hop to expression there emotion. In the rap you can use break to perform and make you own style in the short section. Also hip hop is popular in china people like to use free style to compete each other. in my life, i like to listen all kind of music because it shows different culture.

6. JingFeng

In the chapter 3 “The History Of Rap”. The author states the history and the difference between hip hop. I agree with the author that said different people have different personality to express their mind. Hip Hop is a way that can help people to express their idea by using the music. I think the hip hop that is released these days are original because even today many people are start produce Hip Hop music and doing different types of rap like talking about family, friends, money or themselves, but thier real intention are still which is express the idea. In my life, I like some styles of Disco and Old School music and also some Hip Hop.

7. NELSON ZAVALA

In the “History Of Rap” the author says that most of the rappers that want to success as a musician, they have to have the best Rhyme and be original. I agree with the author in this idea. however, most of the musician that are on this day are likely similar one of each other. Their songs always are talking about the same thing. For example, sex, drugs and who has more money. If this is the new generation of Rap or Hip-Hop, it should not be called music. I think the old school of the music was the best and I know that the time have been changed and the new generation its now focusing to make “Trap”. I like to listen to music all the time but I am against of all kind of music that do not gives to the audience a positive message.

8. Nojm

In the article, “The History of Rap”, author states that the popularity of rap has been increased since 1970s. It started in America, but people are using several types of rap songs all over the world now. I agree with that because I see lots of people are listening to rap songs. It connects to myself also due to the fact that I love the way they sing and sound all the words in funny way that makes me feel ecstatic.

9. Talha sadiq

According to the article ” The History of Rap”, the author telling the difference between hip hop and rap. The author also state that hip hop is a culture that has their own language and rap is part of the hip hop. Rapping involves verbal skills that many people already have or can develop. You can rap slowly or you can rap fast. i agree with the author point of view about rap and hip hop because rap is growing so fast today . Every one like rap more than hip hop music. I think most rap music that is released these days features rappers that are original because one of my friend wants to become an rap star and he copied his favorite rap star who is number one rap star in my country.

10. Herbens Bernard

Rap is a spoken form of musical expression that grew out of hip hop,and became very popular for many reason.It can be performed without a lot of money,skills or equipment.It offers young people the chance to express themselves freely.Due to that freedom of expression most of the rap or hip hop music that is released these days features rappers are not really original or different from one another. It,s almost the same topic every time;Sexe,drog,guns and violence.

11. Xingcheng(Jason)

According to”The History of Rap,” the author states the background of rap and the difference between rap and hip-pop. Hip pop is the culture that modern rap grew out of, but rap is just one part of hip-pop culture. When hip-pop culture is popular all over the world, people can listen to rap in everywhere, also people can through rap to express their own thought. In China, rap is not much people know it, but people create a variety show about rap of china in this year, and then rappers will rap by using chinese.This variety show is very famous in china, that make many people learn the information about rap, and a lot of rap professional words have become trendy, everyone will say it.

1. Sabina Yeasmin

According to unit 1/ chapter 3 the author states that there are only really two rules for rappers to rhyme to the best of the music and to be original. I am agree to it because hip hop and the rap musics are same. They both experience the originality of the words. Its express the feelings of people’s inner face.

12. Josias Portalatin

In “The History Of Rap” the author states that hip hop and rap are not the same, but many people think they are the same. The author say that rap have origin from the hip hop culture but the quality from the music is different. I think that the rapper that are released this days are not original or different because everytime they make a song they talk about the samething other rapper say on a song but stated in different words. The only thing that rapper have that are different than other rapper is the melody of the song.

13. Kevin Paguay

In the article “The history of rap” it states what is rap, when it start, how it became so popular, and how is related with hip hop? Many people believe that hip hop and rap are the same, but the truth is hip hop has its own language, clothing styles, music, and different art forms. I agree with this because rapping involves verbal skills that many people have or can develop. In this year rappers like to express their emotions in music to let people know how painfully they went through in the childhood or the past.

14. Jicong Ou(Justin)

According to Chapter 3 “The History Of Rap” the author states the difference types of form between hip hop and rap that was popular between the year of 1970 and 1980. From my perspective, I think the rappers in today’s music industry does not featuring the old fashion way and also rapping involves professional verbal skills that many people already have or have not or currently developing at that time. However, although I don’t listen to rap and hip-hop frequently one thing that I absolute agree is that rappers in today’s industry has succeed it more than the old industry because of their talents, passion and creative ideas.

15. Mamun Rana

In Unit 1/ Chapter 3 “The History Of Rap” the author proposes that how differences and same betweens rap and hip-hop music. Most of citizens believe that hip-hop and rap are mostly same and rest of them believes it’s different. I agree with the author statements that rappers must be rhyme to the best of the music and to be original because most of the rappers this days rhyme the music to understand better. One of my friend in my high school likes to rap and he always trying to rhyme the music to make the song better and understandable.

16. Mohamed

Based on the the two rules that are given from the text which are” to rhyme to the best of the music and to be original”. I think that the rap that’s released these days match with one rule only wich is “rhyme to the best of the music” on the other hand, they’re not being original. The rappers are most likely having the same topic for all of their songs and repeat it over and over.

17. Mohammed Kabir

According the passage “The History of Rap” the author introduces rap which is a spoken form of musical expressions. The author also says, many people use the terms “hip hop” and “rap” to mean the same thing. In fact, hip hop is the culture that modern rap grew out of. I don’t think that most rap or hip hop that is released these days features rappers that are original because most of them always raps about the same topic such as drugs, sex, girls, etc. I agree with the authors saying that rapping offers young people the chance to express themselves freely because young people might not have the ability or courage to express themselves in other way than in rapping. Today we see hip culture is popular all over the world and young young people everywhere listens to rap. Even though, most of the artist now raps about the similar kind of topic, there are some that raps about social issues, topics, politics in their creativity and unique way that made me more interested in hip hop.

18. Kevin

“The History of Rap” author states that the popularity of rap has been increased since 1970s. The author also state that the musics of rap can be seen by many different way fro the vary of type of sound it has. I agree with the author because their some rap song that i like and some that i don’t like at all because of the beep.