Unit 1 / Chapter 2 – Blog Response

Stradivarius took a different approach to creating violins. What did he do that was different? Do you know anyone in your life or from history that took a different approach to doing something and who had great success?

18 thoughts on “Unit 1 / Chapter 2 – Blog Response

1. Julianna Wu

In Unit 1/Chapter 2, according to the author states that Stradivarius create differently with by using different materials and how he found the science and the theory is proven and poof to the world. I agree with the author being optimistic about the idea about violin with the passion with hopes to educate the readers. This work on realistic base on the ocean floor where the octopus lived and the octopus took the chances to escape from the people. In my life, I was knock out by a bicyclist, and the person took my old phone and fled. The individual was not able to manage to capture.Single lucky day for his different approach even though I attack the person after the person tries to escape.

1. Jakia Sultana

Do you know our life is connected with social science? In unit 1, chapter 2, the author discusses how Stradivarius created violins and how Nagyvary found science to proof stradivarius violins secret to the world. Stradivarius made violins by using wood and varnish without understanding the science and the the importance of violins materials. Even Though he did not understand the science he had great success for violins. And Nagyvary was the first chemist to show the effects of natural chemicals to the world. In my life, I read a book about a little boy who died trying to end child slavery. After six years of bonded labour in a Pakistani carpet factory, Iqbal escaped from his carpet-master, and then tirelessly worked to spread the word to others to bring freedom for all children in Pakistan. I think escaping from the carpet factory was his different approach because he was lucky that he could escaped to bring freedom for all other kids.

1. ambar1299

In the article ”The scientist and the Stradivarius” the author mention that Nagy vary believes that he has finally solved the centuries old mystery behind the remarkable sound of the Stradivarius violin. the author explain that the high quality of Stradivari instruments was not due to his artistic talent rather the remarkable sound was a result of the material Stradivari used specifically the chemical properties of the wood and vanish. also the author talk about that nay vary announcement shocked violin markers and dealers because his theory was a direct challenge to the way that violins had been. and no sadly i haven’t meet someone or know someone who took a different approach to doing something and who had great success.

2. Talha sadiq

In the article “The Scientist and the Stradivarius” the author explaining the different between the Stradivarius and Nagy-vary. In the article Dr Nagy-vary did a experiment on the Stradivarius violin instrument and the experiment outcome showed that Stradivarius violin instrument made by the wood and also the outcome showed that high quality of Stradivari’s instrument was not due to artistic talent. i had a friend who took a different approach to doing something to get a great success. He ran away from his house to become an athletic because his parents wanted him to become an doctor but he had no interested in study so he ran away from his house. Now he is big athletic in his field and his parents proud of him.

3. christytan

In Unit 1/ chapter 2, the author states that the stradivarius created violins by using different materials and how Nagyvary proved to the world by science and his theory. Stradivarius used wood and varnish to make violins but he doesn’t know the importance of these materials, he was talented but didn’t have much luck. And Nagyvary showed the world the effects of these natural chemicals, the best proof was the instruments he makes. In my life, I watched a TV drama, there was a person(A) copied other person’s(B) design and tell people that was his design for competition, no one believes that was B’s design so he made a better one to prove it and he won A. I think work harder than before was B’s different approach.

4. Sabina Yeasmin

According to the author states that Stradivarius create differently with by using different materials and how he found the science on it. In our daily life we use lots of science related materials but we don’t know about it. Yes I know someone from the history who did something which is related to this story. One of the singer from kolkata which is located in west bangladesh. His name is Ruponkor chokropardai. He is a famous singer in west bangla. In the beganing of his music jurney he was not so rich person to buy any music materials thats why he start his music with the pice of wood and some rope. He try to make a greater and he start with that. Now he is the one of the best singer around the kolkata.

5. Mamun Rana

In Unit 1/ Chapter 2, the author proposes that how Stradivarius and Nagyvary used to created violins by different materials and proved that to the world by theory and science. Stradivarius does not know much about those materials that he used to create an violins but Nagvary always used his science and theory to proved whatever he created. But its doesn’t matter that you know or not that what materials you’r using, its important to become successful what’s on you’r working and Stradivarius became successful on his violins creative. In my life, I know a person who took a different approach to doing something and had great success on his creative, that was my uncle and he was trying to create a guitar which should be based on wood and other staff. He worked for so long on it and couple of month’s later he became success on his invention and created a wood guitar. The wood guitar became so popular and everyone loved it.

6. Xingcheng(Jason)

In Unit 1/ chapter 2, the author states that the stradivarius through different materials to make the violins but he didn’t know these materials how important for violin to got the heavenly, brilliant sounds. and Joseph Nagyvary showed the world the effects of these natural chemicals, the best proof was the instruments he makes. In my life, my uncle had different experiences with most people, he dropped out from school and then go to worked when he was 16 years old. After few years, he through his deposit to start his business. Nowadays, he had a wonderful family and his own business.

7. Jicong Ou(Justin)

In Unit 1/ Chapter 2, the author proposes that how Stradivarius and Nagyvary used to created violins by different materials and proved that to the world by theory and science. Stradivarius does not know much about those materials that he used to create an violins but Nagvary always used his science and theory to proved whatever he created. But its doesn’t matter that you know or not that what materials you are using because it will based on your knowledge of how to make the outcomes works the best.

8. Josias Portalatin

According to the article “The Scientist And The Stradivarius” the author say that something that something different that Stradivari make was that his violins sound clear and better than the other people. Somebody take a different approach in my lofe was my uncle because he come to the United Stated

9. Nojm

Joseph Nagyvary was an educated person. He taught biochemistry, so he had knowledge in science. Stradivarious had a violin and his violin’s sound was not clear enough as Nagyvary had. Nagyvary’s sound was clear due to he knew the importance of all materials that Stradivarious used before. It connects to people because an educated person has better knowledge than an uneduacted person. For example, if an educated and another uneducated person give interview for some type of job, the selectors will most likely choose the educated person since he has his education.

10. Juan

According to the article “ The Scientists And the Stradivarius” the author states that Stradivarius used to make violins with different kinds of wood . Every violin that he made got a different sound . Somebody That Approach to my life to make me better is my sister Yunerys she approach to me to encourage me to do better to never quit studies and to never give up don’t matter how hard it gets.

11. Kevin

“The Scientists And the Stradivarius” the author states that violin from different wood can make a huge impact on the way it get played. Also it state how the guy word make a he own violin using scientist. I can relate this to me because am like that when I buy a new soccer ball, for the reason not all soccer balls are made the same.

12. NELSON ZAVALA

In the article “The scientist and the Stradivarius,” the author shows us how Antonio Stradivarius made violins and other instruments with a remarkable sound. It also makes mention that one thing that Stradivarius did was made instruments with a specifically wood a varnish. For year and year had been a mystery for musicians and scientific until Joseph Vagyvary had found it. I related this text with my fathers lifes he works with wood and he has his own secretes to make his works with a special final