Visual Quotes Project

With my three designs, I wanted to try and do something very different with each. The quote “and the universe said you are stronger than you know” comes from the minecraft end poem.

The first design I wanted to focus on the text only. A darker background with a gradient that took shape of a planet felt like it fit the best for the common themeing I use of the universe, due to the quote. In my first draft of this design, the background had been a solid blue color and there was only a line under the ‘you are stronger than you know’. I wanted to even it out with adding a line to the top to make it more symmetrical.

The second design went through a lot of changes, but this is the version I personally liked the most. I had made 2 drafts for this one particularly, the first one with a solid background with the quote to the right and the sun to the left with no stars. The second draft I replaced the sun with saturn instead and put it in the middle with the text top and bottom of it. This one is what really inspired this last design. I went back to the sun design because even though it is more cartoon-y, I wanted each design to stand on their own and look as different as possible. I went back to using a gradient background since I felt it felt the best and with adding a drop shadow to the letters it’s almost like the light is shining towards them.

The third design I wanted to incorperate something from the real world into this. Obviously, it’s kind’ve impossible to get a picture of the galaxy from earth, so I wanted to go with something that is the closest we’ll get to see from earth. The conclusion I came up with is the sky, I didn’t want it to be a night sky or something with stars because I felt it would be too close to my other designs. The sunset is a beautiful sight we get to see on earth everyday and no matter how many times we see it, I tend to still be drawn to take photos. With the text I wanted to have ‘universe’ and ‘stronger than you know’ pop out the most because I feel that these are the most important words within the quote.