Although I’m loving this internship and the amazing opportunities & experiences I’ve had while working there and getting to know other people, I feel that my own performance in terms of work could be so much better. I do the work that is required of me within a timely manner and always deliver at deadlines. However, there is a lot I’m not sure of how to do and it worries me because there isn’t anyone to ask. I’ve spent a lot of time consulting Google for help and figuring things out on my own but I feel like I shouldn’t need to do that, that I should know already. I know that that’s unrealistic thinking and of course there will be many more things in life that I don’t know how to do but I still can’t shake that thought process.

I’m currently working on redoing their PowerPoint presentation to mature their branding a little and I’m extremely nervous on how they will feel about the design possibilities I submitted on Tuesday. I’m hoping that they like them and want to go with something I came up with and don’t think that I’ve been wasting time working on these.

I am proud of myself in terms of professionalism. I’ve always hated being late to things and I promised myself that I wouldn’t be late to this internship at all. So far, I’ve made it to the office with at least 25-30 minutes to spare every morning (even when the MTA delays me). I also choose to stay in the office for lunch rather than go out so that I don’t interrupt my work. I do hope that as the next few weeks progress, I’m able to become a little less shy and engage in more conversations and not second guess my work as much.