About Me

My name is Eleni Gaziani and I am reaching the bittersweet end of my time at New York City College of Technology as a dental hygiene student. My experience in the dental field is one sided as it stems from the perspective of a patient rather than an assistant or technician in private practice. I have always felt comfortable in the dental office as a little girl regardless of the procedure and want to pass on an experience just as pleasant to the patients I will have. At 23, I am lucky to have a passion and drive for a profession with such growth and abstract potential. Though it took some time to find a degree I was certain of, my undergraduate courses at Hunter College helped me communicate with patients in a multitude of topics and my professional experiences assisting at a dermatologist’s office from ages 18-22 have helped me become an attentive clinician always painting the bigger picture. Being one of the few students lacking work experiences in the dental field never sold me short of accomplishing my goals in this program. Being able to pick up clinical skills and apply extensive reasoning from the first semester erased any doubt of the path I chose. The admiration for oral health sciences and patient education always reminded me that this was the career for me!