Looking for an Internship isn’t easy. Having no experience makes it even harder to find one. So I was a bit scared that I’ll never find one. A lot of my friends told me to start searching in every January and created a brand new Resume and Cover letter., and was search through intership.com and look sharp.com.

I applied to so many internships I lost count. I applied to BAM, Future Perfect Media, Roxanne Assoulin, Succarra Media Group, BET, and much more. Two weeks went by and still got nothing so continued searching for internships. On February 17 I got an email from Future Perfect Media asking “what’s the best time for a phone interview?” Finally, somone called and luckily enough it’s a phone interview. I scheduled it for Monday and waited for the to call. Waited ………….and I waited and I waited an hour has passed still nothing I decided to just email them and asking them if I had an interview that day, and if I should schedule another one a different day. No Response.

Three days is what it took for them to say that they had already hired a design intern. I was a bit crushed I really want to work for them. So I decided to take a break from applying to internships and start working on my portfolio and tweak my resume. After that response from Future Perfect Media, I an email from Roxanne Assoulin. I didn’t know much of the company history because when you look at the about page it says “blah blah blah blah” weird but alright. I knew they worked with jewelry but that was all.
My interview with Roxanne Assoulin was in person which met I had to wear professional clothes. I was 20 mins early for my interview and when I got to their floor everything was closed. Then some random guy came and looked at me and reached to the wall which had a bell on it. The interview was about 25 mins long. I was asked if I was into jewelry, how much experience do I have, what your favorite food? The questions were half professional and the half I guess bonus questions. I never got a response back from them. Then that Saturday I got an email from Succarra Media Group creative director asking if I am still interested in interning for them. Because you know I applied like weeks ago. I said yes and then we discussed times and dates. I started interning for Succarra Media Group as a Fashion Graphic Designer.