One of of classes was at the Cooper Hewitt museum. Believe it or not I’ve never been there before.   If the big sign wasn’t there it kind resembles a college campus. When we got there we were given these giant pens. Instead of taking pictures with your phone or camera you could use the back of the pen to do it. You just place the back of the pen on this cross mark and it saves what you’ve saw. It so beats the old days when you had to bring your book, stand there and copy down what you saw. So the pen is pretty convenient and cool.   The theme of the museum that day was jazz, and jazz was everywhere.  There were book designs, costume designs that played a role in jazz.

Jazz Age Incoming Loan

One thing that caught my eye was George Gershwin painting. I went to George Gershwin middle school, so I know a little about him. They say that the school is shaped like a piano, that’s why it has such weird and sharp corners. Although the museum was interactive I prefer the displayed art. I find it more interesting.  Coming from a family of history buffs, the physical art was my thing. I really enjoyed the sheet music covers. It screamed jazz it fit the concept. People jumping around with there hands in the air. Most paintings had people shown a bit odd looking. Also had very odd shapes. But I think because Jazz is such a weird and abstract sounds there were weird and abstract shapes.

Jazz Age Incoming Loan