As of this moment , i do not have a finished research paper but it has been getting worked on for the past few days. I am confident in how the piece of work is coming together and confident my finished piece will be more than satisfactory . I just need to get it done. I like this project, its different from anything ive ever done, your regular research paper is boring and sometimes messy but the way in which we are supposed to do it is more straight forward, more convenient, and it just makes more sense. Summarizing each article and breaking the whole proccess up into little parts has made it easy on me so far combine with a topic i am interested in, this has turned out to be one my more enjoyable pieces of school work i have worked on in a while.

My topic is decriminalization of drugs. Is the war on drugs the solution? What other solutions do we have? Is there a better way of tackling drug problems. I have learned a lot on my topic. I think its cool how much we as a nation can learn from other nations. It actually really surprised me. People always say america is the land of dreams or whatever but i look at other nations and they are much more advanced in many ways. Portugal decriminalized drugs and brought down deaths related to HIV or overdose deaths (Cant remember which one at the moment) by 72%. I thought that was crazy. Not only that, they dont have overpopulated jails! People get treated like they are sick, like how over here in america people where going to COVID quarantine hotels, in other parts of the world drug addicts go to medical centers where they are looked after for free, a place to sleep, food to eat, and are supplied clean drugs at controlled doses for as long as needed until fully rehabilitated. I feel thats the best solution and from what i have researched, rehabilitation is the best solution. Of course there are some negatives, well not negatives, but just problems that arent solved by this method but arent being solved by the war on drugs either. There will still be issues int he underground, like the nlack market. Decriminaliztion doesnt stop distribution. But it does strain demand which might lead to low demand and high supply, not really sure what that would bring.