Artist Statement 

As an artist, (I finished the National Academy of Fine Arts and Architecture in Kiev) I want to bring to attention everyone a picture above. Art is part of my life, and its being a huge platform, to show people all pain, in situations where words not enough to fully explain it.

My poster message is to point out the situation of the Ukrainian population, especially the children. I left Ukraine in 2014 when there was a tense situation between Russia and some Ukrainian regions, As Crimea and Donbas.  I have seen how children were traumatized and I still seeing how  war has affected mentally and physically children from Ukraine. The message of this picture of those kids’ holding posters, asking for help. The protest rhetoric in this poster is more about preaching to the choir than it is about changing minds. Ukraine is not first but hopefully last country, who has to go through a war, through a war in 21 century. Russian terrorism is absolutely unacceptable, unforgivable and must being judged for every child and every civilian.  And I’m glad, that today is possible to show everything through photo, pictures and art, without hiding anything.