Cindy Jimenez                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         March 3,2021

One Summer I had a conversation with one of my closest childhood friends  we then started  talked about our goals in life and spoke  about who we want to become. I want to become an Architect  and he wanted to become a Police Officer or apart of the Forensic field.  He then asked me what college I was going  to attend I told him I want to get into City Tech because My Architecture Teacher had told me that City Tech  has the best program for Architecture. I also asked him the same question he was planning to go John Jay College because they are best know for those majors . After taking about school we both  decided to make a pack that we  both would graduate with our college degrees whether it was with Associates or with our Bachelors that we both will motivate each other ,that we both will try to get houses for our families and we will check on each other. Unfortunately he was killed at the age of 15 and he is unable to do his part of our pack , our pack is a constant reminder that he isn’t able to achieve his goals . I’m not just doing this for me anymore but for him also because he won’t get to achieve all his dreams and goals.

During the pandemic I just wanted to forget about school because its really hard online its not the same experience as in person. I decided to take a semester off which made me realize that college will help you in the long run with the career that you really want not everyone has the same opportunity as most of us whether they are undocumented or they are unable to attend because of financial struggles. Seeing My mother sick in the bed made my realize many things on how she struggled and came here to give me and my siblings better opportunities and to have a better life me giving up is just a slap on the face for theses sacrifices  my mother has made. My Mother has raised us through struggles and has maintained us together. Every person had gone through their struggles and is going through them now but my mom has always told me to never give up and to keep my head up high and to keep on trying until I succeed. Which is why it one of the reason why I decided  to reenroll into college because my mom is my motivation for all her hard work and also because no female in my family has gone to college.

Another event that happened was