As part of the generation that will immediately feel the impacts of climate change, we want to hear from YOU! As part of EcoFest 2022, the CityTech Sustainability Committee wants to #HearYourClimateStory. We want you to post on social media and share your fears, hopes, plans, views, and more about how students are going to be the ones leading the charge to save our planet from the worst that climate change is projected to bring to our communities and our planet.
You should write this story as a first-person narrative (~300-500 words) to share on your own social media, as well as on the City Tech Sustainability Committee accounts. The best stories will be chosen as part of EcoFest’s 180 Second Challenge, and will be recorded as videos to be shown during EcoFest 2022 on Earth Day 2022. The questions below are some ideas for you to
use when writing this narrative. The goal of these stories is to illustrate your views on why we need to take urgent action against climate change, and what we should be doing at all levels to protect our planet.
- Neighborhood You Live In
- Are you a freshman/sophomore/junior/senior/graduate student/(faculty member)?
- What is your major and what do you hope to do with your degree when you graduate?
- Is your future employment impacted by climate change?
- What is your biggest climate change-related worry?
- How has your family been impacted by climate change already? How will they be impacted?
- What would you like your elected officials to know about climate change?
- What suggestions do you have for every day people to fight back against climate change?
- What keeps you hopeful about our ability to mitigate the worst effects of climate change?
- What interests you most about the various efforts being made to combat climate change?
- What do you want your fellow students to know about climate change? What can they do specifically as City Tech students?