blog 9

Today Lisa assigned us with finishing up learning the boot camp for basecamp and last minute finishes to the animation for the look book. With the basecamp boot camp there are a bunch of lessons that are pretty simple and have instructions on what to do to get the certification. I really hated this program in the beginning of the semester because I didn’t really understand why it was so useful, but then I came to realize that this program was extremely useful especially with the pandemic going on. It allows you to communicate  An additional feature with an upgrade is the ability to deal with clients within Basecamp. You can add them in and give them limited viewing/editing rights, but make them an integral part of your work. While I haven’t used this before, I can imagine it’s a huge help to keep everybody on the same page which would make this important especially for clients. You can finally give them what they want and they can tell you. One thing I figured out about Basecamp was that Basecamp integrates really well with Google Drive allowing you to easily link to Drive files (docs, sheets or slides) so I can keep the links to those files in one place. Sometimes Google Drive can be difficult to manage as shared folders don’t organize into the same folders that two different people have, but in Basecamp they can be in one place. Basecamp only does not allow adobe access which is annoying because if you’re able to link your  adobe cloud account it would be so easy to work on the same documents. You can already do it with Google and Video services you mine as well finish the cycle. These ideas are free basecamp. But other than that I had to do a lot of research on how to format in basecamp and how to make it more efficient. One feature I was experimenting with was the to do list. I was able to sort out the different programs with their own list so each team in the marketing department could focus on their own tasks. This was something similar that Lisa did with the teams with a big project but I was able to use it in a way for the department to finish the simpler tasks. It worked out perfectly. After all Base camp is made in a way for things to be simpler and easier for about 50 people to work on the same thing and was glad she showed us it.