webinar 1

The first webinar I am going to is one hosted by adobe max. Adobe max is the leading global creativity conference, a uniquely immersive and engaging digital experience. It’s also a free event, MAX features live and on-demand content, including more than 350+ sessions, labs, keynotes, musical performances, special guest appearances, and a sneak peek at things being worked on in Adobe labs. Lisa told me that I should look more into having more motion in my portfolio and I agree. I’m also taking the senior portfolio and they talk about having something similar to it. I feel like if I was able to go back in time and do college all over I would do more video and motion work rather than taking the classes that were theory based in design. It’s all the same thing in the end though probably having to teach myself it.

The event from max i went to was the talk from Anna Prosser and she talks about being a brand that companies can feel comfortable around. Anna has been to different events in the media, convention, and gaming community. I was interested in when she went into having to have a good rhetoric to get anywhere. She was a model beforehand and was able to get started in the industry by just using some of the social skills used in her older field. She now works at twitch hiring new brand ambassadors to work with smaller creatives to grow. She also talks about what she looks for when interviewing someone new. She states “Employees who display leadership qualities are generally the ones your organization will want to hire and keep long-term. Leaders have potential to move up the corporate ladder, fill future management positions, lead teams, train new team members and boost workplace productivity.” I agree because some of the people I work with struggle to take initiative and I could see myself doing this at a corporation but this time i’m not doing all the work haha. She continues,”Hardworking, honest employees with ambition can keep your company’s morale high. Employees possessing these traits are marketable, can be trusted with increased autonomy and are the ones you want to stick around. Honest, ambitious employees can sometimes be hard to find—so once you have a high-quality candidate pool, find ways to keep them engaged and satisfied.”  I also found this interesting because my whole mentality is if you’re not sure about something you should try it, but not only that you should give it your all. This makes your process even better for anything. Overall, this was a good start and I can’t wait for the next max.