When developing a master plan, a few points I would like to focus on are:
1. Circulation and ensuring all spaces are being used effectively.
2. Human scale and making the city/town/neighborhood work for the people.
3. Connecting neighborhoods with green spaces to join the two and encourage exploration and discovery.
4. Incorporating the natural environment in a way that does not disturb it.
5. Defining the city/town/neighborhood with natural elements as a way to draw people to all edges and incorporating these elements within the city as a guide to important locations.
For me, Urban Design is the meshing of communities in a effective and efficient manner. A city is filled with tight corners and limited spaces and to be able to design effectively is a difficult thing to achieve.