Daniel Sosanya

Blog post 13

Portfolio Overview 

On this fine day I’m taking the chance to make a journal entry about my portfolio. This semester I’m taking the portfolio course, as stated in the last blog post. The class isn’t as easy as it seems each week you and your professor go over past work that you’ve completed before graduation and basically update them. Majority of the work I had sucked. It was work that was good, but I would say it was good enough to pass the class. Some of the work I’m honestly not sure what I was thinking. The portfolio class I took is a general portfolio class. I wasn’t sure the type of portfolio I wanted to have so I felt as if the general route would have been the safest. With the addition of completing revised work one must also complete a resume, portfolio and extend previous work. For an example if I was to create an ad for a company such as Bounty the extension would be something to complement the ad such as an Instagram ad or something like a billboard. For my portfolio I plan to use the majority of the pieces I made in my last semester in college. I felt as if the work I’ve completed in communication design 1 and other classes such as graphic design principles didn’t meet up to the requirement to fit into my portfolio. There are certain aspects I want in my portfolio. I mostly find myself doing campaigns which I like to do. I don’t mind. Other things I plan to include that I mostly find myself doing are logos. I planned to be able to put motion within my portfolio by this time but the programs are just too hard to understand. I’m still in the process of learning them as we speak and trust me it’s not going well. To host my portfolio on a website I planned to use adobe. The school is covering adobe for students while the corona virus is still in play. Within this membership given by the school , you are able to use the adobe portfolio application which helps you bullish a portfolio at the speed of light. It’s way easier even a space monkey can do it. You just drag your work saved as a JPEG and you are even able to leave a little comment if you want to about the work. You can change the background of the portfolio, the text, and even apply hover options. It’s way better to one that doesn’t know how to code but it restricts your design level. It’s not like you can code certain things to be in certain places the coding gives you more freedom.