Lab 7

Description:

In this lab, I learned to use the components of app inventor to take multiple colors and use them on the screen. I also used other features of app inventor to use my finger on the touch screen like a pen to write or draw. As well as being able to do this, I was able to customize these features. For example I was able to change the size of the writing that was on the screen, change the color as I mentioned earlier and erase it all when I was done. The first step to doing this experiment was to make a button for the colors you want to use. For this experiment the colors were green, red and blue. After the buttons were added had to go to the block editor and assign the correct color blocks to be invoked when you clicked on the button. After you assigned the correct blocks, you then add the screen component that is invoked by dragging along the screen. This makes it so that when you drag your finger along the screen you are able to write or draw. The last button you need is the clear button. This allows you to clear the screen. You do this button by opening the block editor and making the function of the button clear screen when it is pressed.

Screenshot:

paintpot appearance

appearance of the screen

the blocks editor

the blocks editor