Ipad App Review

I personally don’t own an iPad, but I had a friend that was willing to lend me their iPad to look for apps to review.

The first app that I’m reviewing is itSeez3D. 

itSeez3D transforms your iPad into a 3D scanner. Once you scan the desired item, you’re then able to view them as rotatable 3D figures.  When you first open the app, it comes with a few examples of 3D scanned results. You see a shoe, a mug and the heads of some people. You can even edit the 3D scans and mess around by stretching them out or squeezing it. I was surprised by the fact that you could actually scan the heads of people. I didn’t try it myself but I did scan a few items of my own and it came ok. The scan isn’t spot on but you’d definitely be able to recognize the scanned object.

Pros: The app is Free. You’re allowed to upload the scanned image online or email it. The scanned 3D images can be used for 3D printing.

Cons: The app only works with an Occipital Structure Sensor to scan. This thing is PRICEY. I don’t understand what caused my friend to buy that thing. The scan results are a bit uneven scan results. The entire scanning process is memory intensive, so it could slow down your iPad ALOT since stronger firmware/hardware is required for decent scans.

Overall, I’d only suggest this app to people who have money to blow. The OSS costs about $350. I only see this item being useful to people that use alot of 3D printing, such as 3D model artists or maybe architects. I chose this app because it relates to my major and I still think the idea is amazing.

Here’s a youtube video if you’re interested in seeing how it actually works.

The second app that I’m reviewing is Adobe Photoshop Fix.

Lemme start off by saying that I had no idea that Photoshop was available on the iPad. That’s insane. I had to check it out for myself. When I opened the app I realized that it was more of a photo editor program. Not saying that’s not what Photoshop is, but I tend to use Photoshop to draw. The app did surprise me though. This app is ideal for photographers that mainly use their phones or iPad’s to take images, especially all the selfie lovers out there. There’s plenty of editing options to choose from. The interface is really simple as well. I watched a demo where someone took an image of their friend frowning and changed their frown into a smile using the program and you wouldn’t even noticed that he was frowning in the first place. The app is pretty awesome.

Pros: The app detects facial features automatically. Even though it’s just an app, it can allow you to work on the image on Photoshop at home. easy to use and effective. You’re able to upload your edited images on Instagram and share them on other social media sites as well. It allows you to save your work to google drive or drop box.

Cons: You need an adobe account. I hate the requirement of having an adobe account. That’s the only con.

I feel like there aren’t that many great photo editor apps out there. This app is definitely one of the best I’ve used. I’m not just changing the filter of an image. I get the full capability of photo re-touching and enhancement when using this app. It’s a shame that you need an adobe account, which may force you to get a subscription, but if you’re willing to pay, the app will definitely be worth it.

When I'm not slaying dragons in space, I'm probably drawing. Either that or being lazy. We'll just go with the first one though.